Walther P22 and My First Silencer - FPS Video

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Jan 6, 2013.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I had my Gemtech Alpine out today for the first time since I picked it up last week. Went through 100 rounds of WIN Super-X and about 100 rounds of WIN M-22 with only two FTFs near the end, which I attribute to the gun getting dirty. Other than those two issues, it was great!

First thing I did when I got home was clean it. I used Strike Hold and it worked great!

Here is a short video....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvm6pDPsyYg&lc=8B3fc5h6nvrKq4CA6DVp68ds7R8PVEuv0LNR-r1DTHo&feature=em-comment_received&lch=email"]Walther P22 w/Gemtech Alpine Suppressor - YouTube[/ame]

It was an awesome day! :banana:

TGG

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS- like new Walther PPS First Edition #432/1000 Firearms Listings Today at 12:41 AM
    WTS: Walther P38 Firearms Listings Aug 24, 2015
    walther PPX 40 cal General Firearms Forum Aug 18, 2015
    How Cool Would it Be to Own Elvis' TCB Walther PPK?? General Firearms Forum Aug 13, 2015
    WTS/WTT: NIB unfired Walther PPX 9mm (Texas) Firearms Listings Aug 12, 2015

3. Welcome to the world of suppressed shooting! Careful though, those stamps like to multiply...

4. The_Gun_Guru

Yeah, I already want a 9mm silencer for my Glock 27 w/LWD conversion barrel. This Alpine is rated for .22WMR and I'm hoping for an affordable threaded barrel for the KT PMR-30 in the near future.

TGG

5. Very cool :cool:

6. That didn't sound silent to me.

silent (adj) si·lent
    utterly quiet: lacking any noise or sound

7. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Nice, I am waiting on a few tax stamps myself. .22 silencers are fun and the P22 isn't good for much but for some reason it suppresses really well.

#6 Travclem, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  8. The_Gun_Guru

:upeyes:

absolutely!

I could actually hear the bullet hitting the paper even with my ear protection on.it was a very fun day!

TGG

9. My daughter likes to shoot her Walter with silencer. No need to drive to the range. Open back door and have at it.

I am up to three stamps now thinking about fourth. I never thought I will be stamp collector!

10. The_Gun_Guru

that is awesome!

do you live in a rural area? I live in the city surrounded by houses :-(

it would have to be really really quiet for me to get away with shooting it in the backyard :) lol

TGG

#9 The_Gun_Guru, Jan 7, 2013
  11. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

That is cool. Congratulations.

12. I am outside of city limits. Technically it is legal to shoot here but neighbors do not like the noise and school down the street goes on lockdown when I shoot here. Bunch of cops show up all pissed but they cannot really do anything.

I got some silencers to keep doughnut warriors doing what they do best – raise funds by writing tickets.

13. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

I know a lot of folks like the P22, but I just couldn't get past the zinc alloy pot metal. Went with the Ruger SR22 instead. Have shot both and the Ruger seems to perform better. For me anyway.

14. The_Gun_Guru

that is awesome!:rofl:

I bet it pisses them off that they can't do anything about it. that would make my day!:rofl:

TGG

15. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

I agree that the Ruger is a better gun, but the one's I have shot will require a barrel swap to suppress. The Walther just requires a $20 thread adapter.

16. Congrats!
    It looks like it would be a lot of fun with a Kel Tec PLR22.

17. The_Gun_Guru

Thanks, I agree.

I do have my GSG Kalshnakov all setup for it but I need to get some subsonic ammo. The GSG works best with HV ammo, so not sure how it will do with subsonic.

I will video it though and post on YouTube.

TGG

#16 The_Gun_Guru, Jan 7, 2013
  18. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Firefighter/EMT

Awesome!

I still remember how friggin stoked I was when I brought my first "real" silencer home. I was like a kid on Christmas lolololol!

You loose that feeling as you buy more and more and more, it becomes a job I tell ya. Getting the silencer bug is worse than the gun bug I tell ya!

#17 Fireman1291, Jan 7, 2013
  19. My first suppressor/host was a Walther P22 & a TAC-65. It was pretty good suppressed, and a lot more reliable. I ended up giving the P22 to a friend as a going away present and got myself a threaded conversion kit for the G17. It sounds so much better IMO! It's at 1:27 in this video:

[ame]http://youtu.be/dI7FG3VTFE0[/ame]

You'd be surprised. I've shot into a Kevlar panel in my apartment with a .22 and someone was standing outside. They were none the wiser. Even though suppressors may not be "silent" they do alter the noise to something that isn't readily identifiable as a gunshot.

I will agree that you become numb to it as your collection grows, but I don't know which is worse, the gun or silencer bug... I have 4 cans, 5 SBRs, and three more SBR projects in the works. It gets hectic with all the different host options for the cans though.

20. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Firefighter/EMT

My suppressor bug is BAD:rofl:

My stamp count is 11 cans, 2 SBR, and 1 AOW. I need help:shocked:

21. The_Gun_Guru

The only help you need is help shooting them....I love the videos you post on YouTube, they ROCK!!!:rock:

I have always wanted a silencer but it wasn't till I started watching your videos that I got motivated to get the ball rolling. So to you I say THANK YOU!

TGG