close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Walmart has Tula ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by cowboy1964, Oct 11, 2010.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    I only check WM about once a month. Today I noticed that they now carry Tula. Not sure if that's new everywhere but it's the first I've noticed it. $9.47 for 9mm, $14.95 for .45ACP. Had lots of almost everything, including American Eagle for $10.47. Honestly I'll never buy WWB again unless that's all they have.

Shot 57 of the .45 in my M&P 45c. No issues. A little smokey, sometimes I could see this big black cloud coming out. A little smell to it but not nearly as bad as Brown Bear. Shot 100 of the 9, no issues.

So, I put 100 rounds of Tula and 100 rounds of American Eagle through my G4 19 today. Not a single hiccup. I still shoot the M&P better though, even in rapid fire.

2. Adam5

Adam5

Sep 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I ran 100 rounds of the Tul 9mm through my CZ SP-01 Phantom this afternoon. It ate it up like a fat kid eating a bag of Gummi Bears.

It ran 100% and felt fairly hot.

3. bwh21

bwh21

May 9, 2010
    I loaded up 2 G19 magazines full of the Tula 9mm today and it felt rough. I don't know how to explain it, but the rounds didn't go in as smoothly as the Federal or WWB did. I hope I get the same results as you when I fire them this weekend.

4. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    It's just steel cased ammo. I shot some of it through my 19 and 26 last week.

Someone will be along shortly to tell us how it's bad for their extractor.

5. GammaDriver

GammaDriver

Jun 3, 2002
    Florida
    If that's the orange and black (yellow and black?) box (Halloween ammo my range calls it), I'm not allowed to shoot it at my local range - they test rounds with a magnet.

The range is too conveniently close to even buy Tula. But, IIRC, Federal 115gr was under $10 itself at Wal Mart the last time I checked. Good enough for me, yo.

All I know is - say 'No' to Russian made goods (including ammo) for multiple reasons. Not that we hate covert communism here or anything... (I'll understand if the Dodge and GM owners buy it).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010