WalMart carrying Russian ammo

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Teej, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Was in my local WalMart last night and they are carrying 7.62x39 Russian ammo. $4.99 for a box of 20rnds. Thats .24 per round and NO Shipping cost. A decent price although you can find 7.62 ammo online now around .17 - .18 per round now if you search, but you still have to account for shipping.

I believe the ammo I saw was white box "Tula" ammo. If I recall correctly Tula makes all the Wolf ammo.

FYI

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Identify this gun (guy open carrying in walmart) The Okie Corral May 25, 2014
    WalMart will no longer sell AR's - anyone seeing any bargains? Tactical Shotguns Aug 26, 2015
    Walmart to Quit Selling AR-15s, Claims Decision ‘Not Political’ The Okie Corral Aug 25, 2015
    Coming to a Walmart near you!!! The Lighter Side Aug 20, 2015
    WalMart blowing out some ARs. The Okie Corral Aug 11, 2015

3. Wally World carrying Russian ammo ? :rofl:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tula,Ulyanovsk,and Wolf are all the same stuff. IIRC, the boxes that Tula and Uly come in look exactly the same, just different names. I have some Uly, good stuff, seems to be loaded kind of hot.

4. Mine too, just bought a couple of boxes. Also, they seem to always have .380 fmj 100 round boxes in stock now. $32.95, same a 45 acp though.

5. Decent price from WalMart, but by no means a bargain. Wolf for $195/1000 at the gun show yesterday.

6. DJ Niner

My nearest Walmart recently started carrying the Tula ammo in .380, 9mm, .40, .45, 7.62x39, and .223. The pistol calibers are priced around $2-$3 cheaper per 50-round box than the Federal or Winchester generic stuff in the same calibers.

7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Are they steel or brass.'08. :dunno:

8. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

$4.99 per box isn't bad if you're just going to buy a few boxes at a time. But if you plan to buy in bulk, that comes to $250 + sales tax per case. Lots of online vendors have x39 ammo considerably cheaper than $250 - even when you factor in shipping costs.

9. Great! I get a 10% employee discount on ammo! :supergrin:

10. If its Tula,they are more than likely going to be steel case.

11. Not really a bargain. I would have expected it to be much cheaper honestly.

12. DJ Niner

The salesperson was showing a single .380 round from the box to another customer, and it looked like a dark gray-colored but smooth, almost shiny case, so I'm going to say steel with some sort of coating.

13. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Wolf type.'08.? :dunno:

14. Tula is made by Wolf, so yes. Steel case.

15. Best local price here.

16. I think it's the other way around. Tula is actually a city in Russia, that made everything from the Mosin Nagant to the ammo we are discussing.

17. It is the other way around. Tula Arsenal was formed in 1807. Wolf is an umbrella used to import Russian and Serbian ( Privi Partizan) ammo. Having said that, I am not sure if the Russian ammo is Tula made or another factory made product.

18. Well I noticed this week that my Walmart has gotten in more calibres in the Tula brand ammo. AND THEY RAISED THE RPICE ON LIKE CALIBRES SO THE TULA IS A BETTER DEAL OR YOU PAY MORE FOR THE AMERICAN CALIBER AMMO!!!:steamed::steamed::steamed:

19. I had to run Walmart for oil (by far the cheapest on Mobil 1) and we have the Tula ammo now. 40s&w at $11.97 a box, 9mm at $9.97 a box. It's all steel cased. 7.62x39 was in a white box/black lettering at $4.97 a box of 20. That's not bad if your picking up 100 rounds or so. Can somebody explain why Walmarts here are always priced something dollars and .97 cents?

20. You will rarely see prices, if any at all, that end with an 8 or 9 in the price. It is a business marketing thing based on price perception of what the consumer see and thinks of prices ending in 8 or 9. 8's and 9's usually are perceived as the higher price.

Someone can start another thread on this. I really do not want to get off topic here. thank you

21. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

Anyone remember their buy American campaign?