close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wal-mart?? Is selling bush-master ar's

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by akapennypincher, Nov 13, 2011.

1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Was in Wally World this am, went to the Gun Dept to buy some 100 Round .22 Ammo. As Gomer Pyle would say SURPRISE SURPRISE they got AR's by bushmaster For Sale!:wow:

2. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Very interesting No Wally's in my part of my state sell anything so all you that have availability to one's that do have fun.

3. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    The ones around here haven’t sold firearms in 15 years or so. The closes one that sells guns is 70+ miles away. Any savings over what the local fun store sells for would be burned up in gas. And if there is problem with firearm who you gonna get to look at it… a Walle-World stock clerk? :rofl:

I called Academy Sports the other day about a Sig 522. Really didn’t want to buy from them but no one locally had one. They didn’t either. Their internet site say they sold them. I asked if they could have one sent from another store. Guy said they could not have one sent but I could order it on line and have it shipped to my house. I said no I can’t, (I'll make note here that I WAS talking to the gun counter of the local store) a 4470 must be filled out and a background check done. NOW GET THIS! He saysssssss……. WATE FOR IT…. the UPS driver will do that. I'm surrounded by :stooges:

FFL at the range had it fore me in two days and he beat Acadaemy's price without me asking. :supergrin:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  4. akapennypincher

My Wally World also had SIGS, plus the Bushmaster!

5. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    No kidding! Next you will start seeing Daniel Defense and BCM there as well. The first time I saw the BM @ Wally World was in Kentucy for the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. I could not believe my eyes when I saw it in the case. At first I thought it was an Airsoft rifle until I got up close to it.

6. 2240

Jan 5, 2004
    Alaska
    Walmart here in Alaska has been selling Bushmaster AR's for years. They still sell handguns up here also which I know most Walmarts don't do anymore.

7. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Why not? They sell Xbox and even ipads, why not BUSHMASTER?

Do they have any Beretta, or Binelli shotguns?

8. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    Walmart at Fort Campbell has two Sig ARs, a Sig 522, and a Bushmaster AR.

I was surprised, to say the least....

9. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Walmart used to sell dang near anything. Colt, Bushy AR's, handguns...darn near anything, You just had to ask for the blue ordering book from behind the counter.

10. Broncbuster

Broncbuster Dying Breed

Jan 7, 2009
    Georgia USA
    Walmart here had 2 Bushmasters, 2 Sig AR's, a Sig 522 and had ammo cans of 440 rnds of XM855 62gr ammo.

11. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    And they used to have people that actually knew firearms working the firearms counter. Now its… I’d like a box of XXX .45 ACP. Which ones or they. I points to D box. Oh how I miss the old days. :crying:

12. mhunter

mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    Those Bushys are .223 and not 5.56...in case anyone cares...

13. fpgeek

fpgeek

Nov 7, 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    Enjoy that! My local Wal Mart won't stock firearms of any kind. Have to go to the next county to find a Wal Mart with firearms.

14. akapennypincher

That is because you live in a safe place where you need no guns......DETROIT?

15. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Jul 15, 2010
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    No gun sales at any of my local Walmarts. I asked the manager in the sporting guns dept. about it and she said that the local stores are not on the current corporate list allowing gun sales. Truth or just local decision, I do not know. They do have the best prices around here for ammo bar none.

16. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    Two "ban compliant" Sigs were added this week at my local WM(I live in a non-ban compliant State).

17. mhunter

mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    What does that mean? I've only heard of them being sold with 10rd mags in crappy states that ban hi caps.

18. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    walmart was reducing their gun supply a few years ago and decided to reverse that notion about a year ago...stores in my area have new gun counters...however I havent seen a bushmaster yet.