close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Waiting is the hardest part

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Walt_NC, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Walt_NC

Walt_NC

Aug 25, 2010
    I'm building a new AR. My current set-up is beat up and shot out. I will get around to swapping out worn components eventually but why waste an opportunity to start a new build?

I'm going in to this new build with the goal of creating a quality 'general purpose' rifle made to host a suppressor with minimal issues. I spent a few weeks finger-banging all of the latest components and consulting with friends. Today, I finally placed my various orders at 10:00 AM (after voting). I then cleaned off my work bench and made sure my action blocks, solvents, lubricants, wrenches and roll-pin starters were ready to go...which got me to 10:15. Waiting sucks.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest

3. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Then don't you have a waiting period (10 days ) when your reciever comes in!:faint:

4. Walt_NC

Walt_NC

Aug 25, 2010
    If you ever do decide to get stamped, avoid Surefire. I back-ordered one of their SOCOM 556 cans in September. The projected arrival date is June/July.

?
    There's no waiting period here. Regardless, I have a box of assorted receivers in the safe to choose from. Really, the only things I'm waiting on are the DD handguard and upper, Noveske barrel and the can.

---------------
    The basics of my planned build, for those that are interested:

16" Noveske 'Recon' barrel w/pinned switchblock
    Surefire 556 muzzle brake
    Daniel Defense A4 upper and Lite 12" FSPM handguard
    Bravo Company BCG and 'Mod 5' charging handle
    Geissele 'Super Semi' trigger
    Troy HK-style BUIS
    Surefire X300 ultra

I havent decided on optics yet. Got it narrowed down to the Aimpoint T-1 micro, the M4S and the EOTech EXPS.

Thoughts? Feel free to **** talk or tell me where I went wrong.

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    :rofl:

This is why I use TT Gunleather.

Looks solid to me, just go with the T1 and call it good.