close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wait time for pistol won at GSSF Match ??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Chuckc, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Chuckc

Chuckc
    Expand Collapse

I won a pistol at the Portland, OR GSSF match in June. It has been 3 months since the paperwork was received at GSSF headquarters.
    I went for a Gen 4 G34 and paid the difference.
    Anyone have a clue how long I will have to wait to get this jewel??:upeyes:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ede

ede
    Expand Collapse
    Bama's Friend

Depends on what they have or what you want. If it's on the shelf the wait isn't long. If you have to wait on them to make a run it can be a while. I ordered a G17 and G20 at same time. G20 came in few weeks and the G17 took 3 months or more, you just never know but I'd be thinking soon. Seldom hear of anyone going much past 3 months wait for anything.

3. yobohadi

yobohadi
    Expand Collapse
    Peon Trainee

You could always call GSSF to find out, the paperwork says not to contact them until after the 12 week mark. I would check with your FFL first to make sure it hasn't been sitting there before you call GSSF.

4. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

The paperwork is old. GSSF now says not to call them for 150 days - that's 5 months. I waited 10.5 weeks to get a G17; now at 12.5 weeks for a G20 and still waiting. I was a good girl and didn't call them, and the 17 eventually showed up.

5. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh
    Expand Collapse

Chuck,
    I won a pistol at said match and got it about a month ago.

It was a gen 4 26.

Hopefully yours is coming quick.

Now we just have to wait for Bremerton finals. Coming up on 2 months since match.

6. Comrade Bork

Comrade Bork
    Expand Collapse

People are used to dealing with retailers, and possibly, wholesalers.

They tend to think Glock should operate like the retailers and wholesalers they are used to simply because that is what they are used to and have come to expect.

GSSF guns are about as close as Glock actually gets to a "retail" transaction.

BUT GLOCK IS NOT, WILL NEVER BE, AND WILL NEVER ACT LIKE, A RETAILER OR WHOLESALER. They see no reason to. NEVER expect them to!

Glock is a MANUFACTURER.

Glock does not operate like a retailer. It does not operate like a wholesaler.

It operates LIKE A MANUFACTURER.

The guns GSSF sends out for awards and whatnot, in a year, do not add up to the guns Glock itself puts out in just one 8-hour shift!

GSSF is NOT the tail that wags the Glock hund.

Very much the opposite is true.

GLOCK makes the models it chooses, when it chooses, in the quantities it chooses, based on the orders it has in hand at any given time.

If they happen to run a lot of the model you want, you will get it sooner.

But if you want something of lesser demand, none are left on the shelf from a previous production run, and Glock is not going to make a run of that model until it has enough orders in hand to justify a production run, you will wait for that production run.

You will wait however long it is until Glock decides to make a production run of that model.

And not a day sooner.

7. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

I received my Gen 4 G34 about two months ago. It took about two months to get it after the Dayton match. If they only make one run of that model a year you may be in for a wait. However I seriously doubt that's the case. Shouldn't be too much longer, hang in there. :) :wavey:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

...and if you don't have it in 5 months, give them a call.

GSSF coupons are for those in a hurry (well, more or less); GSSF prize award certificates are for those who don't mind actually forgetting that they have a gun on order, before it finally arrives at your FFL.

9. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

You must keep in mind that in May of 2012, Glock was 522,000 pistols behind in production, and that was with both Smyrna and Austria working 3 shifts per day, 5 days per week. Things have improved since then, but Smyrna receives whatever Austria decides to produce. Free pistols may take a while, but free is free. If you do not wish to wait, then give me your certificate. I'll gladly wait for a free pistol.:cool:

One could blame paranoid gun owners, stockpiling guns and ammo in anticipation of next weeks election.:whistling:

10. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

Best way to deal with a random gun after sending in your paperwork and upgrade fees? DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT.
    My new Gen 4 G19 will get here when it gets here. Like Danny said, its free, ya can't complain about waiting 4-5 months for a FREE gun. Just think about those poor souls buying Infinity 2011's, 12-13 MONTHS for a gun that's price starts at $3K!!!!! That's crazy!!!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. cookselk

cookselk
    Expand Collapse

12 weeks Monday and still waiting for a G4 21.

I really hadn't checked until I saw this thread, when it gets here it gets here.

#11 cookselk, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  12. ashylarry777

ashylarry777
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone, I also won a Glock at a Gssf shoot in October and was wondering how long, if anyone paid with debit, after your payment clears should I expect to see it.
    Considering the times with a high demand from Glock I expect to wait longer than the stated 12 weeks.
    Thanks

13. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

GSSF says 180 days - not the 12 weeks printed on the cert. I have been waiting 190+ days for my G20 so far.

#13 SARDG, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  14. ashylarry777

ashylarry777
    Expand Collapse

Wow, I went with a 34 so idk if that lengthens the wait time or not. Good thing I'll be picking up a 17 & 26 very soon.
    Thanks for the update

15. cookselk

cookselk
    Expand Collapse

Got my 21 on Jan. 31st. They received my paperwork on August 13th and billed my CC on August 20th.

16. ashylarry777

ashylarry777
    Expand Collapse

Nice, I'm probably looking at late summer then.
    They received my paperwork and processed it on December 11th, but have yet to charge my debit card.

17. ashylarry777

ashylarry777
    Expand Collapse

Payment was taken out this past Saturday the 23rd. I hope this means it's coming soon, not holding my breath though.

18. Davers

Davers
    Expand Collapse

WOW-Reading the posts above I am very lucky either to live 15 miles from Glocks hdqs [U.S.] or was at my FFD Symrna Police Distribtuors at the right time . I won a random award at the 2012 Coyners Ga. shoot & got my prize package in the mail in late Nov or ealry Dec then went to my FFD S.P.D. ON DEC 7 2012 and picked out of what they had in stock at that time fortunately they had the gen 4 g 26 I wanted I just paid the upgrade fee & put on nite sights & walked out with my gun. I had thought they had to send the paper work off ,but they said they were not required to anymore .'NOT BOASTING' I wish for a quick return for those who are waiting.p.s. Thanks to S.P.D. & happy B-DAY to Cindy at GSSF

19. njl

njl
    Expand Collapse

The 30S is the new hotness...so hopefully they're making big batches of them, and mine won't take as long as some have.

I didn't even think to call around to the local Glock LE dealers to see if they'd swap my certificate + upgrade fee for a 30S. I didn't think any did that.

20. legacy38

legacy38
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I miss the days of having a local distributor who would give me GSSF award pistols out of his inventory.

I'm fast approaching 12 weeks on my pistol from Conyers.