close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Waist-carriers, What o'clock

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by John Rambo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Do you carry and why?

I apologize if this has been done recently, I don't recall seeing it.

I'm left handed and carry at 9 o'clock, sometimes 8 o'clock. I tilt the holster forward a bit and surprisingly it conforms to me perfectly and stays tilted forward. Using this method I'm able to do pretty much anything and don't even notice I've got my gun on me. The only exception is pool - when I'm shooting pool I slide it up to 10 o'clock so it doesn't print or show.

2. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

I carry somewhere btwn 2:30 and 4, depending on which gun I'm carrying. The G19 is usually more towards the 2:30 end b/c it helps hide the large grip, but my SP101 rides nicely on top of my love handle at the 4 o'clock position.

3. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I carry in the 3 oclock position with very little forward cant. I can't do the 4-5 oclock position due to a bulged disc in my lower back. I like the natural draw stroke that it provides.

4. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    4:30 or so, with G26 and FBI cant IWB

Just feels right.

5. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
    about 3:30 o'clock :)

Glock 19

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  6. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Somewhere around 3-4.
    (Yes, I am right-handed.)

I like to position it so the trigger guard is sitting right on the "point" of my hip-bone, in a holster with just a little cant to it.

7. atl-g33

atl-g33 Lifetime Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I am a lefty as well. Usually have it somewhere in the 7:30-8:30 range. I cant put it at 9 as I am a small build and it digs into my hip bone.

8. I have tried my Glock 23 IWB at appendix, 3:00, and SOB. SOB is the only place I can carry comfortably. It seems that AIWB is difficult because of the size of the Glock 23, 3:00 is difficult due to love handles, and Small Of Back is perfect! SOB doesn't pull my pants down like 3:00 does and I conceal the best there. Anywhere between 3:00 and SOB just prints too much. The one thing that sucks about SOB is its more difficult to draw quickly.

9. Adam5

Adam5

Sep 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm right handed and normally carry a Colt All American or Taurus snubbie IWB at about 3:30 or 4:00.

10. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    That and the fact that it is completely impossible to tell when your cover garment has gotten hung-up on the gun, which I found to be a very frequent occurrence with SOB carry.

11. GlockNevada

GlockNevada

Jan 7, 2012
    Las Vegas
    G26 between 11:30/12:00 crossdraw.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. RX7Boricua

RX7Boricua

Jan 15, 2004
    Central FL
    G19 at ~8:30 for me, front clip of my MTAC right in front of my 9:00 belt loop. Pistol is canted forward quite a bit. Conceals perfectly under anything, even a T-shirt.

Jose

13. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl

Feb 22, 2011
    G27 between 3:00-4:00 IWB in a Remora holster. Extremely comfortable. Haven't experimented with my S&W 65-5 K-frame enough to decide yet on that one. As for my NAA mini master, pocket-o-clock.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

14. Depending on the holster, inside vs. outside waistband and the pant being worn as the location of the belt loops come into play....anywhere between 3 and 4:30.

15. My G23 usually sits in a Blackhawk serpa OWB at 3 o'clock canted forward, When in the Galco Skyops IWB it is usually at 4 o'clock canted forward slightly. The G27 I only have a serpa OWB for so it sits at 3 o'clock only canted forward. :)