close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

W@hat is the best feeding 380 ammo for Ruger LCP?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by mikegun, Jun 24, 2013.

1. mikegun

mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    colorado
    who makes the best feeding 380 SD ammo for the RUGER LCP?

2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I've run all these SD loads in MY LCP with great results..

Golden Saber
    Buffalo Bore TAC-XP (my carry round)
    Gold Dots
    Critical Defense

All ran perfect... Of course, you'd have to try it first in your gun.

3. ashvillemark

ashvillemark

Apr 8, 2010
    Alabama
    i have never had a hiccup in about 250 rds of critical defense

4. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    Mine has fed Speer Gold Dot & Winchester T-Series without any issues, so those are what I'm using.

5. I have fired a good amount of PMC Starfire through mine without a hitch. The PMC bullet has a fairly rounded profile, and looks like it was designed to feed in some of the finicky .380 pistols out there.

I have also fired some Federal Hydrashok with good results, but I haven't fired as many of them as the Starfire.

6. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

Jul 20, 2007
    0 .· ` ' / ·. 200
    Everything I've ever put in mine feeds, from 90 to 102 grains, JHP or FMJ. Currently loaded with Gold Dots.

7. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Mar 17, 2010
    JBA
    TulAmmo FTW!!! Not really, that shizz sux! FWIW, I don't have a LCP, but my P238 fired two magazines of TulAmmo before the slide locked up on a round. I pulled it out, put a new round in the mag, same thing. Once I got that round out, I fed 3 mags of Hornady Critical Defense with no issues.

FYI, I got three boxes of TulAmmo in .380 for the highest bidder, lets start the bidding at $1000... :whistling:

What? don't you know there's a gun grab going on?!?!:rofl:

8. mikegun, I've noticed a couple or LCP posts by you. Not to get off subject, but I'm guessing you or someone you know has one. Might I highly recommended the Hogue grip...makes a world of difference :)

9. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Couldn't agree more!! I got the one made for the LCP and it made all the difference.

10. Ours runs like a champ on WWB. We picked up three boxes of TulAmmo from Walmart last weekend. We'll find out how it does in our LCP and P238.

11. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    I've found my LCP to be a remarkably reliable pistol. I've put probably 500 assorted rounds through her with nary a bobble. I don't wish to entire into the "what ammo is best for self-defense" debate, but, for the record, I carry WW flat nose 95 grain FMJ loads in mine. A commonly available round, stone reliable and the flat nose does help in terminal performance.

I may buy a couple of boxes of Buffalo Bore flat nose +P .380 and see how reliable they are. Would add maybe 100 fps to the little bullets velocity.

12. CougarRed

CougarRed

Apr 18, 2004
    I have run a combined 260 rounds of WWB Q4206, Ranger RA380T, BB Std Pressure 100 gr Hardcast FN, and Wilson Combat XTP through mine with 0 failures.

13. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    HHornady XTPs feed nicely in my LCP. Only had one failure with it at around round 50 with WWB FMJ.

14. PattonT

PattonT

May 22, 2010
    South East
    I don't suspect you will have an issue but Ruger doesn't recommend +p in the LCP. I have made some hot loads for my LCP and the take down pin backs out, others report the same issue when using +p or hot hand loads.

15. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    Hi. Your point is well taken. I am aware of the admonition by Ruger not to use +P loads in the LCP. I plan on buying forty rounds of the hotter load from Buffalo Bore (they come in twenty round boxes). I'll put one box of twenty through the gun. If no problems, that'll be the round I carry.

16. Adamz04

Adamz04

Mar 28, 2012
    Indiana
    What a terrible post.
    Sorry nothing to add just bothers me sometimes

17. number1gun

number1gun

Dec 3, 2012
    Not trying to be a dick but the answer is:
    The one that is the best feeding...one. Do not accept that because another person has the same firearm and they use xxx and have no issues that you will not have issues !
    While getting several posts that most do not have issues is a good indicator you will have no trouble finding a reliable round.....you need to shoot your gun and make the determination yourself. Take the advice above and get 2-3 boxes of recommended ones and make sure.
    Best of luck

18. PattonT

PattonT

May 22, 2010
    South East
    First I have never used Buffalo Bore 380 ammo. I have however used some BB 9mm +p+. It was the most inaccurate ammo I had ever used, in any gun. This was through my late grandfathers G19 that has accurately put over 10k rounds of assorted ammo on paper POA. It did not have excessive recoil so that was not the issue. I bought it for expansion/penetration test against 357sig/40/45 that I shot all in the same session.
    After that day I fully test all ammo through every gun extensively. The thought that someone has loaded up some of xxxx ammo and not tested it scares the snot out of me.

19. PattonT

PattonT

May 22, 2010
    South East
    I do have an LCP as does almost everyone in my family. Has anyone found ammo that didn't feed and function in an LCP?