close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

VP debate tonight.... place your bets!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Atlas, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Yea, I would say it was a tie. Joe did better then everyone expected, but he looked a little bit like a belligerent prick.

Ryan knew his stuff, but I think he was a little stiff. Romney plays the emotions well, Ryan not so much.

The Catholic/Abortion issue..feehh I don't think Ryan played it too bad. Its up to the states, and the Democrats/obamacare are coming down on Catholic healthcare. Trust me I didn't cringe like I do with the old Christian Taliban candidates like Santorium and Bachmann.

One funny thing that was just mentioned online...during the debateRyan stole Biden's water glass and took a sip.

Jeez...ABC post coverage is very slanted left :upeyes:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Biden was a loud laughing clown, unable to follow the math.

Hey Hussell, you've been gone from GT for months.
    Did you find a new babysitting gig yet?

3. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    A lot of spin about Biden's debate style. Overtly aggressive, condescending, and "…too much Red Bull."

Pretty even, from a literal perspective, but image can be everything.

Overall, I'd call it even. Both seemed to be talking to their perspective base. I don't see many votes being swayed tonight.

4. Thank God for Libertarians. These 2 candidates make me happy that there is a 3rd choice.

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    I'll call it......Strike Two!

6. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    there isn't other choices, Romney or Obobo Will be President, and a failed republican pretending to be a Libertarian and polling at half a percent is not a contender.

7. Shinytop

Shinytop

Sep 5, 2012
    Biden led thru most of the debate. But for the last 10 or 15 minutes I really began to wonder if he was having a medical problem. It was like he was drained of energy, he actually hemmed and hawed. Ryan was unprepared for the rude clown tactics and it showed.

8. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Mar 23, 2010
    Orygun
    I noticed that about Biden. His voice fell into that of a 30 year smoker or something.

9. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    Yeah, because this guy is soooo Presidential. :upeyes:

[​IMG]

10. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 (Not so)Fett Svensk

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
    I know right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  11. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Well, even after the debate...I stand by this.

12. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Jan 17, 2007
    Lone Star State
    Ryan or Biden is like a coin toss with a two tailed coin.

13. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

Jan 23, 2010
    Shreveport, La.
    The moderator failed miserably to be fair, but helped the democrat debate... I give her a failing grade at doing what she was supposed to do... It seemed very biased to me, and all biden's tactics were just as slimy as I expect from everything that he's about and the moderator did little to nothing in regard to keeping it straight for Ryan's behalf...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  14. aplcr0331

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
    Interruptions:

Biden = 96
    Ryan = 6

Great job moderator. How many pointed follow up questions did the "moderator" ask Biden compared to Ryan?

15. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Aug 14, 2001
    Almost Heaven
    Martha ....

Martha ...

Martha! ...

16. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

Apr 21, 2011
    Texas
    As a financial guy, there is one thing that has ticked me off in debate #1 and #2. Why do Romney/Ryan let the other side get away with the phrase "let Detroit go bankrupt" without clarification.

I understand the term bankrupt means bad things to the common man. However, at the mega-corporation level, the only significant difference between a corporate bankruptcy filing and a government bailout is ...under organized bankruptcy, unions lose power. Otherwise, the business reorganized its finanance, amend debt covenants, restructures management and sheds some debt. The real losers are the common stockholders, bondholders and the banks ...aka rich people with the dems hate.

A simple compare/contrast could further expose Obama/Biden for the double-talking hypocrits that they are.

17. aplcr0331

Jan 20, 2002
    Inland Northwest
  18. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    Now we just need some cartoons.

19. JW1178

JW1178

Jul 17, 2009
    The VP debate needs to be about VP issues and what they would do as VP.

What it looked like was two girls arguing about who's boyfriend is better.

It is a proven fact that the VP has little to do with the election. Well, the McCain run could upset that fact but I don't think this has that factor.

20. JW1178

JW1178

Jul 17, 2009
    That is a good point. The who idea behind the GM bailouts was to save the Unions. So what if GM did go bankrupt? The company failed. Let the winners win and the failures fail. Same with the banks. All the government does with bailouts is perlong the problem and hurts us all in the long run.