Vote to Ban "Feelers" for all For Sale Ads?

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by cole, Aug 19, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. betyourlife

betyourlife on a GLOCK

You know what should be banned? People like 30brandon who say, "I'll take it." but never do. They do this in several threads and only honor the one they really want. It's his way of holding the item until he decides what he really wants.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. very much agreed

3. Let me clarify my vote. Feeler ads should not be allowed.....

Something else that shouldn't be allowed..... Someone posts they did something to their pistol, and wants to know if they messed it up. Then you get some wiseass who says "Yes, and I will take it off your hands... for free even..." That kind of comment should be banned UNLESS it is followed up by helpful info.....

4. I agree with you on that one.

5. A "how much is it worth?" forum maybe?

6. one"Lucky"shot

one"Lucky"shot your 6 is my 12

If your 'testing' the waters, then the thread should be something like "what could I get for XXXXXXX in state XX" and NOT WTT/WTS.

7. Don't bring it to the For Sale section to FIND OUT what it's worth! Research then post. It certainly IS a matter of ethics.

There are many resources on the web, and on this site, where a fair price can be determined, even by the extremely lazy. :upeyes:

8. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

No. This isn't an auvtion house.

The seller ought to do his/her research and run with it.

And sellers and buyers that back out after the deal has been set should be banned.

9. I agree. "Feeler" ads piss me off and basically tell me "Don't bother with this one, the seller isn't serious or likes to play games." Sell it or not, or take it off to BrokeGunner.

10. So this guy wants to trade a FS XD .40 Tactical , original stuff and several mags.

So I offer a XD45c, original stuff and several mags.

Then the guy says: "How much cash can you toss in?"

He's just looking to "score". No real intent to trade or sell. I can't stand people like that. :steamed:

Either WTT or WTS with a price and close the deal. It's still in the Firearm Listing right now. The guy has 2700+ posts.

#30 Will-21, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  11. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I'm a year late, but HECK YEAH! Sell or don't sell. Period.

12. Berto

Berto woo woo

+1

It's flakey.

13. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

I agree with that!!! Interesting poll Cole.

14. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

IMO, feeler ads have no place in our classifides.

15. Just my opinion. You want to sell it at a certain price or trade it for something, or you don't.

16. Lotiki

Lotiki All that is man

I think the only thing wrong with the "For sale" section is the fact that NOBODY puts their damn state in the title.

Seriously people, check the histories, ads with the state in the title sell about 10 times faster then those without and there is nothing more aggravating then having to click on every single damn ad just to see where they are.

I think the for sale section needs to be subdivided by states.

17. My vote is to ban them. I have been on other car forums that they actually state that anyone selling something MUST put their city and state in the add or their thread will be removed. Along with this they have a seller / buyer rep under their screen name and post count, with a comment section about their selling and buying on their Profile page.