close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vote Like Your Lady Parts Depend on it - Obama

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redbaron007, Oct 2, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

No matter what the GT braintrust thinks, this a topic that by an large women side with Obama on. I think you will find that a very high (i would suspect close to 75%) of women will be more on the side of the Dems than the Repub when it comes to reproductive issues.

There are some mainstream religions who (read catholic) who believe contraception is immoral and if they could would force their beliefs on the rest of the country.

And everyone who says women should just learn to keep their legs together and this wouldnt happen, what say you about cases of rape? Should a woman, through no choice of her own, became pregnant be forced to have the baby? After all, if she had just not made the choices she did....

What do you say about abortion when the mother and baby are at risk of dying and the baby is not yet developed enough to survive (this does happen). We (as in humans) make choices all the time that other humans shouldnt live or being in society for the benefit of others. We execute these people, throw them in jail.

I have often wondered, how can someone be for execution and against abortion on moral grounds. Killing someone who isnt an direct threat to your life (for example someone on death row) is murder its just murder than is justified by society. This means that anyone who can justify executions by definition believes that murder is acceptable given the correct set of conditions. After this, it is just arguing what those conditions are. I would think if you are opposed to murder, your are opposed to murder.

All in all, this is a winning slogan for Obama to get female votes.

2. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    You can argue this issue until you're blue in the face, and probably well beyond that. What gets me is that Planned Parenthood received almost half a billion dollars in tax payer monies. As of now, you have the legal right to have an abortion. Why, however, should I be paying for your mistake? Pay for your own abortion! Or get the guy to pay for it.

3. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    Just looking at the money, paying for an abortion is WAY cheaper than paying for a new welfare recipient.

4. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Mar 19, 2012
    Apache, OK
    Personally, I'd rather pay for neither....

5. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    There is a ton of stuff I'd rather not pay for. That isn't really working out for me.

6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

There are lot of things I would not to pay for.....doesnt make it reality...

7. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    I believe your interchanging of murder and killing is possibly the confusion. In your example of killing a death row inmate, this person committed a crime against society that has been determined punishment is by death.... a cause and effect. The killing of a baby, who has not committed any crime against society, is terminated, killed, murdered. Just remember, murder is unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of a human being.

There are some who don't like it either way. I don't side with them. I'm a firm believer in paying your debt to society after one has inflicted their damage to society.

I'm personally against the killing of a baby for convenience.

:wavey:

red

8. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Todd Aiken... is that YOU???

:rofl:

I had to google it, but "Black Cohosh" is a dietary supplement that might have some effect in treating hot flashes in menopausal women.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/BlackCohosh-HealthProfessional/

Did you think it was Plan B??

You need someone to explain... the logic?

Because it's her lady parts.

Next question...

How about the government just STFU and lets people do what they want without interference. This would apply to their actions as well as their bodies. Yeah... that's a good idea! :cool:

9. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    You're right. But there are some people who are never going to stop trying to make abortion illegal by whatever way possible. And those people are in the republican party.
    Just like the anti-gunners are never going to stop, and they joined the democrats.

10. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

By yoru definition of murder, then neither would be murder since abortion is not unlawful, it isnt murder. It is lawful killing just like a self defense shooting or execution.

11. dbcooper

dbcooper

Mar 2, 2011
    Birth control can and does fail, I have a set of 7yr olds that were born in spite of the fact that the Mrs. took the pill like clockwork.

12. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    ^^^
    Bingo!

In addition, that's why I phrased my comments as I am against killing a baby for convenience.

Currently, our laws allow the killing of a baby/fetus in the womb.

red

13. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

Aug 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    Pretty simple.

Or use birth control.

Just don't ask me to pay for it.

14. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

Aug 27, 2011
    South Carolina

Rape is simple to handle:

Victim carries baby until term and puts baby up for adoption if she chooses. Rapist pays for 100% of the pregnant woman's care. If he doesn't have enough money, his organs are harvested and sold to make up the difference.

Problem solved. :cool:

(I despise rapists and consider them sub-human btw).

In reality though rape and incest are a very small percentage of abortions (I've heard less than 1%). I could agree with a system where abortions are sanctioned in the cases you named (especially since a rape is going to be handled very early I would think) - this includes the cases where the mother's life is at risk.

It just sickens me that people think they can have an abortion just because having a baby is "inconvenient." I also get sick of people intentionally having children out of wedlock. However, that is a moral issue and not really the government's problem to handle. In reality they both are outside of defining abortion as murder or not.

What it comes down to is, as a society, we have decided that actions should not have consequences. This is fundamentally wrong. Anything you do - from buying a car to driving to work to having sex out of wedlock can have ramifications and consequences.

A lot of this gets simpler if we could be sure when a baby is indeed "alive." If it is at 14 days, then most of the issues with rape go away since the "abortion pill" could be administered well before then.

15. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Aug 31, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Actually, America as a whole has been swinging to the "Pro-life" side of the issue over the past few years and a majority of Americans now identify themselves as "pro-life" - this includes a majority of WOMEN who now identify as "pro-life" as well.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More-Americans-Pro-Life-Than-Pro-Choice-First-Time.aspx

Many Democrats CLAIM to speak for women on this issue, but in typical fashion they don't bother to check with the women first to see what they might actually think.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  16. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

All of the above is why I said IN GENERAL. Those instances are miniscule in relation to the percentage of abortions for convenience. And for the record I am not pro-life, I do not believe it should be illegal.

I just believe it should be stigmatized as the sleazy, lazy, cheap way out that it is.

Perfect. Since she holds sole decision making over her sooper speshul "lady parts", then she can take sole responsiblility for those decisions, NO?

Again: IN GENERAL.

17. How many of you pro-lifers have adopted your very own little ghetto crackbaby?

Stand by your convictions.

Save a child.

18. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Aug 31, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Nationally there are actually waiting lists to adopt such children, waiting lists that can last for up to FIVE YEARS.

Why do you think celebrities and others with money go to Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa to adopt kids? It's because there are so many people ahead of them in line to adopt American babies (even special needs babies).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  19. So, I assume y'all are on the list then?

20. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Thanks for being honest- so a child should exist as a punishment for having sex, a daily wage garnishment for a bad decision, and wanted by no one. That must be part of that "Christian Love" thing, right?

Plan B is actually a very high dose of hormones, and works very similar to birth control. To call it an "abortion pill" makes you look stupid. (which is why you used quotes, I assume)

Why do you hate women? Did your mother not love you?

Get therapy.