close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Volunteer ad..

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by mtncat, Jun 1, 2007.

1. mtncat

mtncat

Feb 20, 2006
    New Mexico
    Saw this ad run on a newspaper web site and felt it was rather "strange" As a volunteer I'm not exactly sure that I care for the wording, not really sure why. What do you folks think of it??
    The XXXXXXXX Volunteer Fire Department and EMS is looking for qualified individuals to join our quality team. We offer top rate equipment and benefits. No background check or drug test required just a valid NM Drivers License. Knowledge of Haz Mat a bonus. Concealed Carry Permit also a bonus. Will train on your schedule. Contact Fire Chief John XXXX

2. FireMarshal

FireMarshal NRA Member

Jun 2, 2007
    SW USA
    Sounds like the Chief's desperate. Don't like it either, especially the no background and no drug test bit. Don't know why concealed permit would be a bonus? Lessin' he's forming a posse?

3. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    Guess it replaces the background check......

Scott

P.S. I can't carry in VA on calls, even with a CHP.....

Scott

4. DepChief

DepChief Get Tous's Rope

Nov 27, 2004
    Outer Banks, NC

Yeah, the concealed carry permit caught my attention too! What kind of fires are they fighting out there? Does the department supply the IBG (Inside the Bunker Gear) holster?

5. Glkster19

Glkster19

May 12, 2001
    Lansing, MI
    Not really a fire dept. It's the NM militia. Carry permit for obvious reasons, EMT lic for when people return fire, fire training in case they bomb you first and haz mat for, well, you know.

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: