close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Visiting Nashville

Discussion in 'Volunteer Glockers' started by rotten_newbie, Mar 4, 2008.

1. rotten_newbie

rotten_newbie
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to be visiting Nashville. I see that Tenn. honors my state's permit, but that state law allows any business with a sign to outlaw my packing while there.

Does anyone know if the Gaylord Opryland resort bans guns? How about Graceland?

Are there any other popular Nashville tourist sites that have no guns allowed signs?

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Akita

Akita
    Expand Collapse
    gone

The Sommet center (where the Nashville Predators play) does not allow firearms(alcohol sold on premises too). I'm pretty sure most sporting events everywhere are the same.
    Dont know about the ones you asked. Remember that you cant carry in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol (yet) and all restaurants are non-smoking statewide. Hope you enjoy your trip.

3. rotten_newbie

rotten_newbie
    Expand Collapse

How about the airport? Usually I'd find a family restroom and get my gear on, but is the Nashville airport posted?

4. Willard

Willard
    Expand Collapse
    Who, me?

Just for the record, Graceland is in Memphis, not Nashville. Memphis is about 3 hours west.

5. Akita

Akita
    Expand Collapse
    gone

Ya know, I dont actually know for sure. I always thought that all airports were no carry zones. Probably best to just slip your holster on in your car until you can get to your hotel room.

6. Fallguy

Fallguy
    Expand Collapse
    Citizen

I have not seen it myself, but others have said the Nashville Airport is properly posted.

7. OEF_VET

OEF_VET
    Expand Collapse

FYI, the businesses must use wording substansially similiar to TN Code Annotated, and the signs must be posted conspiciously at each entrance, otherwise, it doesn't count.

By substantially similiar, it better read something along the lines of:

Pursuant to TCA 39-17-13##, it is a misdemeanor offense to carry firearms on these premises, punishable by up to 11 months, 29 days in jail, and a $2,500 fine.

If it isn't worded very closely to that, it doesn't count, and you can carry there.

8. Fallguy

Fallguy
    Expand Collapse
    Citizen

Also...just to add. ANY place can ask you to leave for whatever reason. If you don't you are considered trespassing and could be charged with that, posted/not posted armed or not.