Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

visiting in Manhathan , advise please

Discussion in 'Tri State Glockers' started by Charly, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Hi,

I will be visiting NY - Manhathan - by end of April and I was wondering what are the possibilities to go with my son (17yrs) and daugther (15yrs) to a shooting range .
    I was a couple of times in Miami and had no problem there but I know the NY state regulations are much different then the FL.
    I am a Belgian citizen / resident. Is it the same as in Ohio (quasi impossible) or is there a chance ? I don't mind taking a car or a train and go to NJ if it is not too far .
    Any ideas ?

And I could also use a good adress to buy shooting related items in the area.
  2. nicfit212

nicfit212 Exiled Urbanite

Nov 1, 2005
    White Plains, NY
    No chance of shooting a pistol in NY without a NY permit, but rifle and shotgun shooting is permitted. In Manhattan, I would start here:

That's the only range in the area I know where you can rent. Jersey is also a possibility, but I can't help you there.

(NY Snob ;)

3. Thank you for your info.
    I tried to get on their site but my computer can not connect .
    Do you have an address and eventualy a phone number so I can call them while in NY ?

Thanks in advance.
  4. Douglas in CT

Douglas in CT Millennium Member

Hi Charly,
    Take the train to Connecticut (~ 1 hour from NYC), and avoid driving around NYC (not fun!).

This shop in Norwalk has an indoor range and rents guns. :)

Shooting Sports/Scott Moss Gun and Tackle,
    4 New Canaan Ave.,
    Norwalk, CT 06851.
    Phone: 203-847-2767
    Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (50, 75 Ft)
    Range Access: Public

Depending on my schedule, I could meet you and your children at the train station and take you to the range for some fun. :)
  5. I am very tempted .
    I will contact you if I can make it out to CT, thanks for your proposal !!!
  6. nicfit212

nicfit212 Exiled Urbanite

Nov 1, 2005
    White Plains, NY

20 W 20th St
    New York, NY 10011
    (212) 929-7287

No problem, have fun.
  7. Alan Antopol

Alan Antopol

Dec 29, 2003
    NY, NY

Very competent, friendly range staff. Easy to reach via subway. And, no I am neither an owner nor an employee of the range. :)