close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Visiting College Station end of March

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by uhlawpup, Mar 16, 2007.

1. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

I'll be in College Station for the last week of March, attending training that is job-related. Most of my evenings will be free.

Are there any shooting opportunities there in the evenings? Any good gun shops or pawn shops I should visit looking for bargains?

Other than my daily tread mill exercise, my evenings should be free, as I don't like to just veg in the hotel room in front of the TV.

Advice is welcomed.

2. cwood

cwood

I was up not long ago visiting my sohpomore daughter (whoop) and we found this place but it was after hours at the time and we never made it in. I would like to visit it next time.

http://www.championfirearms.com/

I, too, would be interested in some of this info.

Have fun.

3. ScoPro

ScoPro

Can't believe no mention has been made of the fabulous gun collection on display in Aggieville:

http://www.aggiecorps.org/home/corpscenter/exhibits/guncollection/

As a Longhorn fan, I have had the great pleasure of touring this incredible exhibit twice over the years. Kudos to the Aggies for providing a fine venue for one of the nation's best gun collections.
    Conversely, boo on UT-Austin for deep-sixing it's fine smaller collection at Texas Memorial Museum (which included a cased PAIR of Texas Patersons).

One can spend hours examining the superb firearms in the Metzger-Sanders Collection. Heckuva lot more interesting than vegging away in a Collie Station motel. ;)

4. GL1800

GL1800 just hold on

THIS IS A NICE INDOOR RANGE BUT THEY CLOSE AT 6PM

5. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Yes, Champion is the best store in town. A nice indoor range too. But unfortunately, they do close at 6pm. I wish the range was open later. SInce they are willing to open ONLY the range on Sundays, they should be willing to keep the range open until 8pm.

6. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Thanks for the information, guys. I guess I'll leave my gun-buying stash at home and stay near the hotel and restaurants this trip.

Any good coffee shops for conversation? I'll be there Monday through Friday next week...

7. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Well, there is a Starbucks in the same building as the gun shop.

There is also a place near there called Sweet Eugenes on Harvy road - basically around the block from the gun shop.