Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Visiting CCW from FL: What do I need to know?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by TheGreatFuzzMan, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. TheGreatFuzzMan

    TheGreatFuzzMan Glock Addict

    Mar 16, 2005
    Hey to all the people in NC. I will be visiting the state this weekend. I have a FL Resident CCW. I wanted to ask you guys if there are any kind of restrictions I should know about. I read some of the legislation... one major thing I noticed was that carry in any establishment that serves alcohol is not allowed. Can you confirm that? Exceptions like that are what i'm looking for. I want to stay out of trouble. Thanks in advance.
  2. concealedcarry


    Jun 7, 2006
    Eastern NC
    Hope this helps.

    § 14‑415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.

    (a) Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law. The person shall carry the permit together with valid identification whenever the person is carrying a concealed handgun, shall disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person holds a valid permit and is carrying a concealed handgun when approached or addressed by the officer, and shall display both the permit and the proper identification upon the request of a law enforcement officer. In addition to these requirements, a military permittee whose permit has expired during deployment may carry a concealed handgun during the 90 days following the end of deployment and before the permit is renewed provided the permittee also displays proof of deployment to any law enforcement officer.

    (b) The sheriff shall issue a permit to carry a concealed handgun to a person who qualifies for a permit under G.S. 14‑415.12. The permit shall be valid throughout the State for a period of five years from the date of issuance.

    (c) A permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in the areas prohibited by G.S. 14‑269.2, 14‑269.3, 14‑269.4, and 14‑277.2, in an area prohibited by rule adopted under G.S. 120‑32.1, in any area prohibited by 18 U.S.C. § 922 or any other federal law, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only State or federal offices, in an office of the State or federal government that is not located in a building exclusively occupied by the State or federal government, a financial institution, or on any other premises, except state‑owned rest areas or state‑owned rest stops along the highways, where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises. It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in his body any alcohol or in his blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in his blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts.

    (d) A person who is issued a permit shall notify the sheriff who issued the permit of any change in the person's permanent address within 30 days after the change of address. If a permit is lost or destroyed, the person to whom the permit was issued shall notify the sheriff who issued the permit of the loss or destruction of the permit. A person may obtain a duplicate permit by submitting to the sheriff a notarized statement that the permit was lost or destroyed and paying the required duplicate permit fee. (1995, c. 398, s. 1; c. 507, s. 22.1(c); c. 509, s. 135.3(e); 1997, c. 238, s. 6; 2000‑140, s. 103; 2000‑191, s. 5; 2005‑232, s. 3.)

  3. geekboy

    geekboy Glock Lover

    Mar 24, 2006
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    I am the holder of a valid Florida Concealed Weapons and Firearms License. I own a house in Tampa (Florida) and Charlotte (North Carolina). I'm in North Carolina right now (Charlotte). I don't carry when I'm here in N.C. because the off-limits places are just too many.

    Basically you can't carry in the same places as Florida and THEN some!
    • Schools
    • Anywhere alcohol is sold and consumed
    • Assemblies
    • State Buildings
    • Legislative Property
    • Any Assembly (Public Gatherings & Parades)
    • Areas of Emergencies or Riots
    • Going Armed to the Terror of the People
    • Any law enforcement agency or correctional facility
    • in a building housing only state or federal offices
    • a financial institution (all Banks and maybe other places)
    • any premises, except state owned rest areas or stops along the highways, where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a
      conspicuous notice or statement
      by the person in legal possession or control of the premises
    The Any Assembly one is the tricky one! If there's PAID admission, then you can't go armed! That includes the movie theater or anything like it that charges admission.

    Oh Going Armed to the Terror of the People is a catch all for if you scare people, you're getting arrested. :)

    Compared to Florida, you might as well go unarmed. :)