close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Visitied PA over the weekend

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by Pyzik, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Nov 22, 2005
    SE Michigan
    Had a little vacation time built up so I took a trip over. Stayed in Breezewood and visited Philadelphia. Went to the Mutter Museum, that was pretty cool. Went to the Liberty Bell and all that. Was told to go to "Jim's Steaks" for some Philly Cheese Steak Subs. They were probably the best I've ever had.
    Michigan and Pennsylvania have reciprocity so I had my S&W on my side nearly the whole time.
    You all have a beautiful country side.
    Over all had a good experience.
    Just thought I'd share my 1st experience with your wonderful state.

2. tat2guy

tat2guy NRA Life Member Silver Member

Rock. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Man, I love Jim's......

3. J.Kill

J.Kill

Oct 27, 2005
    Glad you enjoyed yourself! there are some cool things to do around Pa. Just for future reference it's just "Cheesesteak" drop the Philly and sub part:supergrin:

4. Delta-9

Delta-9 ( Jon )

Jul 5, 2004

No doubt... being from the general PA area.. "Philly Cheese Steak Subs" seems coerced

5. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    Glad to see you didn't get shot at in our new murder capitol.

6. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

May 13, 2007
    S.E. Pa
  7. J.Kill

J.Kill

Oct 27, 2005
    Come to Norristown and get a Zep at Eve's or Pudge's!

8. flyingn

flyingn

Feb 26, 2004
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Steves steaks and Jacks hoagies are the very best in Philly. Come on back and thy those IN Philly. The burbs have no clue how to do either:)

9. kswiss2783

kswiss2783

Jun 25, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gotta come to Pittsburgh and eat at Primanti's! It will put those cheesecrap sandwiches from Philly to shame!!!! :tongueout:

10. flyingn

flyingn

Feb 26, 2004
    Philadelphia, Pa
    been there, done that. They are good but not a cheesesteak. Is Donzis still on the waterfront on the strip?? I was there years ago and still remmeber it.. wild time

11. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    You really must get out more.

EVE's should be sued for making me gain 12 pounds over the last 2 years.My work truck just seems to drive itself there.

Pudge's makes a mean steak.They have a place in Trappe also ,Pudge's II ?

12. FixedSights

FixedSights

Mar 31, 2001
    NE FL
    The place in Trappe is Joe's II, I think. The two Pudge's are in Blue Bell and Audobon. Eve's is okay but I always have to ask for them to lighten up on the onions -- "zep" must be Norristown-speak for "onion sandwich".

Jim's is decent, Pat's is good, and Geno's is okay... but Abner's is the best IMO. :banana:

Glad you went to the Mutter -- a lot of people who live in this area don't even know where it is. If you're into medical freaks, it's a cool place to check out. ;)

13. J.Kill

J.Kill

Oct 27, 2005
    The best thing about going to Pudge's II is it's 50 yds from In-site firearms and Nonna Rosa's Pizza is only 50 feet from In-site. I always tell my wife I want to order from Nonna's. I'll go pick it up so I can have a little browsing time while I wait for my food!:)

14. J.Kill

J.Kill

Oct 27, 2005
    Just to let you know Eve's is going to be closed down for a couple month's cause they're moving to the new place they're putting up on Johnson highway.

15. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Oct 24, 1999
    SE PA
    If Eve's ever opens again. :(

16. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Oct 24, 1999
    SE PA
    You went to the Liberty Bell while carring? The last time I heard, they had detectors there.

17. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Jan 23, 2000
    I believe that the Liberty Bell site is run by the Feds (Park Rangers), so I kinda doubt that a CCW permit would be honored.

Glad to hear you made it through ok.