close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Viridian C5L Green Laser/Light Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by 12smile, Jun 8, 2010.

1. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

This is a very nice light / laser combo.

It has Strobing Light and Stobing Laser.

It's COMPACT much smaller than the Previous version the X5L.

About $280....It's just been released and I've seen a review from someone who purchased it on Opticsplanet.com ....they are out of stock and so is everyone else...

Does anyone have this light and where did they get it..It seems to be the perfect size for a Glock 30.

Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

Attached Files:

2. RayB

RayB
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Member

3. Raydon3000

Raydon3000
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Fed

#3 Raydon3000, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  4. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

OK, plan b :)

I know a few were shipped from opticsplanet.com

Anywhere else...Google is giving me nothing.

I almost bought the X5L or the Glock Light Laser....This is the PERFECT
    LIGHT LASER for my use with the Glock 30. It's only a few weeks away but I'd like to start carrying the Glock 30 at night and I'm accustomed to a laser.

On this unit the Light half is intentionally secondary, I assume. The Glock gtl 22 would be a better choice if the light were primary.

Also this is a GREEN LASER and I have high expectations for it's power, regardless of battery life.

Strobing light, strobing laser...I'm preparing for a Dark Alley.

Anyone have this...I'd be interested in experiences with the larger unit the X5L also.

Thanks

5. Raydon3000

Raydon3000
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Fed

This is the same situation that I have with my G30. Please somebody post some reviews.

6. RayB

RayB
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Member

Reports on the X5L have been generally very good!

Magazine reviews on the X5L have been consistently good!

One GT owner of the X5L did report that the light was 'okay', and not up to par with a TLR-1 C4's or better weapon light's performance... Again, I noted the small reflector size of the X5L's light...

My wife bought a cheap LED flashlight/laser that has the laser emitter right within the flashlight's reflector, sort of like this: -( : )- The upper dot being the LED bulb, and the lower dot being the laser emitter. A slick design that works well! :thumbsup:

--Ray

7. bentbiker

bentbiker
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

8. RayB

RayB
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Member

That is the only negative review of the X5L in the GT archive...

Most accounts of the Viridian X5L I've read on GT have been very positive!

I've got the LaserMax LMS-UNI-G green laser coupled with an XTI Procyon (see attached) weapon light, and love it!

The laser is tiny--about the size of a matchbox--with its own accessory rail molded in!

The light is excellent--easily rivaling my SureFire!

And the two units, laser and light, can separate for individual use or use on multiple weapons!

--Ray

9. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

Almost bought the X5L...glad I waited for the compact version...the Light part of it is secondary...I like the stobing effect to let bad guy know that there's some hardware coming his way.

10. Slivertusk

Slivertusk
    Expand Collapse

most likely your gun dealer/distributer could order one through a whole seller or from the viridian company. That's how i got my x5l.
    Though i have a x5l i'm having laser problems (laser won't turn on after shooting session) perhaps the c5l maybe the better choice.

11. bentbiker

bentbiker
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

This is the same problem I had with my GLK and X5L units. Assuming you are still within the warranty period, you might want to ask Michelle whether they might send you a C5L as a replacement instead of another X5L. If the C5L solves the problem, I'd be a customer again. Once you've had a green laser combo unit, I think you get spoiled.

#11 bentbiker, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  12. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

So....are you guys saying Viridian has "quality" problems?

My Crimson Trace Laser guard sight for the Kel-Tec .380 works great ...I did however have another brand die on me ($$$)

I'd like to know that $300 spent on the Viridian C5L would last at least 5 years if not 10.

13. Slivertusk

Slivertusk
    Expand Collapse

It might be just a fluke. I haven't heard of any other problems like mine. Personally if i can trade it in maybe i'll stick with viridian.

14. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

mine is on order at Opticsplanet.com....just waiting.

Next.....the holster.

I'm thinking of black nylon w/ a spring steel belt clip and some velcro holding the snaps in place...you see those at gun shows for under $20.

I would be wearing this outside clipped to my belt.

I use one of those for my kel-tec .380 and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

15. Viridian Green Laser

Viridian Green Laser
    Expand Collapse

Guys,
    Thanks for all the nice words on the product. The C5L is very new and very exciting. We are working extremely hard to get as many as we can. Thanks for everyone's patience.

As far as holsters go, we will be producing several different holsters ourselves for C5/C5L-equipped firearms. Also, a C5/C5L-equipped firearm should fit in most standard light bearing holsters on the market because of its slim design.

Please let us know if anyone has any other questions. Thanks again for all the support.

Andy Scott
    Viridian Green Laser Sights
    http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/

16. Raydon3000

Raydon3000
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Fed

Ordered a C5L today from Opticsplanet, let me know when your's comes in and I'll do the same.

#16 Raydon3000, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  17. MrGlock45

MrGlock45
    Expand Collapse

I had the GLK for use on my G30SF, but could not find a good usable holster for it. The unit was just too big and the quick release button would always catch on the interior holster material. (Yes that included heavy duty balistic nylon.)
    When the new model came out, I called Veridian and dealt with Michelle, what a pleasure it was to be able to talk to someone who understood the problem. I inquired about the cost of upgrading from my GLK to the new C5, and she called me back with an answer in a timely fashion.
    It cost me $25.00 to upgrade and that including free shipping of the new unit to me. I did pay for Priority Mail to ship my original GLK back to Veridian.
    I could not believe how much better the C5 fits the compacts (G30SF, and my G38.)
    I am one very happy camper, and love the new Veridian unit, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
    As always good luck and stay safe. :cool:

#17 MrGlock45, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  18. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

Actually not one but 2.....it was backordered at optics planet and all the sudden Midway usa emails me that they have them in stock...so I pay for one w/ Midway Usa and cancel the Optics Planet one...but they didn't get the cancelation request in time and have shipped me a SECOND C5L

??????

it wont be a problem.

I've got it attached to the Glock 30 and it's perfect.

I'll review it at a more reasonable hour....

Bright, Bright geen laser and Strobing (or not) white LED.

Nice.

19. Raydon3000

Raydon3000
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Fed

Haven't heard a word from Opticsplanet and we ordered it about the same time. Hopefully anyday.

20. 12smile

12smile
    Expand Collapse

This is a very nice piece of hardware.
    Precision made.
    Glad I waited for the new model C5L
    It is extremely customizable.
    several different modes
    laser only
    strobing laser
    laser & light (w/ adjustable brightness)
    laser & strobing light
    light only.

in those categories there are several levels of adjustment.

brightness / frequency of strobe etc.

a very well designed unit worth $300

I like constant laser & strobing led

the frequency of the strobe is adjustable and I like relatively fast.

Why spend $300 ? so I don't have to actually shoot some sorry-ass
    loser who wants to rob / assault me.

Hopefully once he sees the light show he may think he's in over his head and retreat.

Pointed it up into the sky at night and could see the laser on the low hanging clouds (how many feet up ???) Haven't played with it in bright sun but it is VERY bright.