Virginia Gun Stores

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Bonk, Aug 18, 2006.

1. I'd agree with this as well. They are where I bought my G23 last year after the local show. I used to work with his wife several years ago.

Great people and excellent prices.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

Hansohn Brothers in Culpeper, VA.

Small up and coming dealer. Great guys to work with.

http://hansohnbrothers.com/

#62 Magus, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. My boss is retiring so my gun shop job will be ending pretty soon. Of course I wish him the best, but working in a gun store is a really nice job. Good luck John.

4. Tang419

Tang419 Glock is GUUD

Yeap, I've done a lot business with him, and worked with him for about 5 years. He also added a very nice 5 platform skeet setup, and a 100yd range for rifles with covered benches and a 30yd pistol range.

5. A&P Arms Lynhavenn shooting range Virginia Beach: Have bought 2 guns from them sometimes they seem a little busy and rushed but my 2 purchases have been met with great customer service and they honor LE/MIL program. I like that they ring up range members first to use the range so don't have to wait in line. The Armory in Chesapeake I have bought 1 gun from them limited selection in firearms but they honor the LE/MIL program as well with the normal wait time when ordering. For military the MCX in Norfolk has a limited selection but can order what you want I bought 1 Glock from them ordered it and 6 weeks later it arrived at the store. Superior Gun and Pawn bought a holster and some ammo from them did not like the "what do you want" type customer service.

6. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Franklin Outdoors
    320 Old Franklin Tpk
    Rocky Mount, VA 24151
    540-483-5608

Well worth the drive if you are anywhere nearby. Just south of Roanoke.

It seems like they have more stuff than Gander Mountain and better prices than Walmart.

Check them out. Nice folks.

Open 7 days a week during deer season - How about that!

Example:basic Glocks $485 cash.

Powder and bullets much less than I've seen anywhere, i.e.
    Hornaday bullets 38/357 HP box of 100 $15.99
    Unique powder lb $20.99

#66 bustedknee, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  7. I didn't see anything mentioned about Ron Hess' gun shop on Tidewater Drive right off 64.

I went in there when I was shopping for my Mossberg, I didn't like it at all.
    The guy wasnt very customer friendly. Acted as if I was bothering him when asking about what he has in stock. Other than that the store was cluttered and felt more like a bad flea market than a gun shop. I wont be going into that store ever again.

8. New store in Charlottesville VA.

Albemarle County Firearms
    722 West Rio Rd.
    Charlottesville, VA. 22901
    434-973-0300

He's just starting up - mostly a Tactical shop, but can get anything.

FFL - Class 07 SOT. :cool:

Transfers are $25.00.

Take care,
    Bob S.

#68 Messer, Dec 9, 2010
  9. you have the answer...

#69 majette, Dec 9, 2010
  10. Quote:
    Originally Posted by 313DylanG23
    I didn't see anything mentioned about Ron Hess' gun shop on Tidewater Drive right off 64.

I went in there when I was shopping for my Mossberg, I didn't like it at all.
    The guy wasnt very customer friendly. Acted as if I was bothering him when asking about what he has in stock. Other than that the store was cluttered and felt more like a bad flea market than a gun shop. I wont be going into that store ever again.

search the internet you might find 1 good review that he (Ron Hess) was ambitious enough to write about himself ...maybe.

#70 lanceofnorfolk, Dec 9, 2010
  11. Thanks Lanceofnorfolk, Id rather not search for anything associated with that guy. Just figured I'd warn everybody about his sorry excuse for a shop.

12. Deleted

#72 swinokur, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  13. Wish it was good...right around the corner from my house. O well:dunno:

14. I hear ya, I live real close to it as well.

15. We've got a few in Lynchburg.

Ace Hardware & Gun Store (Can be rather overpriced, but has a great selection)
    2200 Lakeside Dr
    Lynchburg, VA 24501
    (434) 385-6388

Amherst Arms (just north of Lynchburg, guys seemed nice & knowledgable, have a gunsmith too, C3 but don't appear to stock any NFA items)
    http://amherstarmsandsupply.com/
    113 Sprouse Dr
    Amherst VA 24521
    434-401-9865

Lynchburg Arms & Indoor Shooting Range (new range, stays busy, nice staff, prices seem reasonable)
    http://lynchburgshootingrange.com/
    113 Sunburst Rd.
    Lynchburg, Va. 24501
    434-525-2604

MC Leather
    http://www.mc-leather.com/
    I'd post an address, but he's moved twice this year and I don't have his new address (behind the cabinet shop on the opposite corner of 221 & Enterprise Dr). His selection is a little smaller, but he's a C3 dealer that tries to stock YHM suppressors. I'm in paperwork stage of purchasing one from him. His prices are the best around, for the most part. $10 transfers, even for C3 (at least that's what he told me). Seems nice enough, but I've heard stories about his special orders not going so smoothly. He usually has some of the best prices at gun shows.

Ginks Gun Shed
    1290 Marcus Trail
    Big Island, VA 24526-2851
    (434) 299-5105
    Now... this is probably one of the most unique gun 'stores' I've ever encountered. May need a 4wd to get there in the winter. Quite literally a shed in the middle of the woods, behind the owner's house. Owner is an older retired military fellow that had some sort of cancer and uses one of those voice boxes to talk. Super nice guy. His shed/shop is full of guns, probably more than most larger stores. Has suppressors and machine guns for sale (saw Mac 10 for $5300 I think). You can also rent the guns and shoot them 'out back'. Gotta follow the signs to find the place, but it's probably worth the experience. I'd peg most of his stock as 'used', rather than 'new'.

#75 wct097, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  16. k4rch

#76 k4rch, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  17. Just used Fish Safari in Virginia Beach to do a firearms transfer today. They are an FFL and only charge a $15 transfer fee. Service was awesome and I was in and out in 10 minutes after paperwork and background check. I shopped around and they had the cheapest transfer fee compared to others.

18. If you are ever in the Lynchburg area, stop in at Lynchburg Arms and Indoor Shooting Range, located at 113 Sunburst Road. The facility is about a year old and is really nice. We have a good gun selection and the indoor range is top notch.

19. It is now called "Pro's Choice Sporting Goods". The address is 173 Vista Centre Dr, Forest, VA 24551. Phone is 434-239-3044. I've been in there a couple of times and they just recently transitioned to a new FFL. The owner told me that their old price for LE Glocks was $370 which I have never seen lower anywhere. Currently they are not participating in the program because the new FFL has to be an authorized Glock dealer for 6 months before they will be eligible. I'll definitely be picking up another few guns at that price when they get going again.

20. I forgot to mention that Lynchburg Arms is an authorized Glock dealer and offers special pricing to LE, Firefighters, etc.