Glock Talk banner

Virginia Gun Stores

64K views 98 replies 76 participants last post by  lcsmall 
#1 ·
I know that we GTOD'ers are scattered clear across the Commonwealth, but we do on occasion get out of our normal areas. As part of that sight-seeing, most of us want to know where the good gun stores are, like the post this week on whether Green Top is worth a stop. Heck, I have to go to Richmond next week, I'm curious about other stores in the area.

Anyone want to volunteer to run it up?

#53 ·
We were in Smithfield today, stopped in at a place called Concealed Carry VA. Very small store but Joe is a great guy. He's a new store and trying to build his business. He hopes to open a range near Smithfield within a couple of years.

#55 ·
I have been faithful to Todd and his people since they were in a TINY shop next to Food Lion and Family Dollar in Stuarts Draft. They now have a building of their own they built in Fishersvile. Exit 91 {Fishersville Exit} then head towards s}Stuarts Draft. There will be a Sheetz on your left and a McDonalds on the right. About one quarter to one half mile on the left. Entrance is BEFORE the store. {Between them and the strip mall next door.}

http://www.dominionoutdoors.com/index.php

#56 ·
My wife and I have to give a good report for Superior Pawn & Gun in Virginia Beach. Great service, knowledgeable help, and their prices were better than anyone I found. We did happen upon them during one of their sales, but they can't be beat in my opinion. We purchased two Glocks from them, a 17 and a 32.

They helped us with a holster choice, and told us not to buy some things, very honest and true. Both women and men salespersons. They made my wife and I very comfortable.

#64 ·
Rabbit Ridge Enterprises
1251 Rabbit Ridge Road
Ararat, VA 24053
(276) 251-1178

http://www.rabbitridge.biz

Located just outside of Mount Airy, NC, just a few miles into Virginia. I don't know if any of you are in the area but I thought I would throw it out there in case you are.
Yeap, I've done a lot business with him, and worked with him for about 5 years. He also added a very nice 5 platform skeet setup, and a 100yd range for rifles with covered benches and a 30yd pistol range.

#65 ·
A&P Arms Lynhavenn shooting range Virginia Beach: Have bought 2 guns from them sometimes they seem a little busy and rushed but my 2 purchases have been met with great customer service and they honor LE/MIL program. I like that they ring up range members first to use the range so don't have to wait in line. The Armory in Chesapeake I have bought 1 gun from them limited selection in firearms but they honor the LE/MIL program as well with the normal wait time when ordering. For military the MCX in Norfolk has a limited selection but can order what you want I bought 1 Glock from them ordered it and 6 weeks later it arrived at the store. Superior Gun and Pawn bought a holster and some ammo from them did not like the "what do you want" type customer service.

#66 · (Edited)
Franklin Outdoors
320 Old Franklin Tpk
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
540-483-5608

Well worth the drive if you are anywhere nearby. Just south of Roanoke.

It seems like they have more stuff than Gander Mountain and better prices than Walmart.

Check them out. Nice folks.

Open 7 days a week during deer season - How about that!

Example:basic Glocks $485 cash.

Powder and bullets much less than I've seen anywhere, i.e.
Hornaday bullets 38/357 HP box of 100 $15.99
Unique powder lb $20.99

#67 ·
I didn't see anything mentioned about Ron Hess' gun shop on Tidewater Drive right off 64.

I went in there when I was shopping for my Mossberg, I didn't like it at all.
The guy wasnt very customer friendly. Acted as if I was bothering him when asking about what he has in stock. Other than that the store was cluttered and felt more like a bad flea market than a gun shop. I wont be going into that store ever again.

#68 · (Edited)
New store in Charlottesville VA.

Albemarle County Firearms
722 West Rio Rd.
Charlottesville, VA. 22901
434-973-0300

He's just starting up - mostly a Tactical shop, but can get anything.

FFL - Class 07 SOT. :cool:

Transfers are $25.00.

Take care,
Bob S.

#69 · (Edited)
I didn't see anything mentioned about Ron Hess' gun shop on Tidewater Drive right off 64.

The guy wasnt very customer friendly. Acted as if I was bothering him when asking about what he has in stock. Other than that the store was cluttered and felt more like a bad flea market than a gun shop. I wont be going into that store ever again.
you have the answer...

#70 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313DylanG23

you have the answer...
search the internet you might find 1 good review that he (Ron Hess) was ambitious enough to write about himself ...maybe.

#73 ·
Thanks Lanceofnorfolk, Id rather not search for anything associated with that guy. Just figured I'd warn everybody about his sorry excuse for a shop.
Wish it was good...right around the corner from my house. O well:dunno:

#75 · (Edited)
I now travel the Commonwealth and was curious about places in or around Danville or Lynchburg?
We've got a few in Lynchburg.

Ace Hardware & Gun Store (Can be rather overpriced, but has a great selection)
2200 Lakeside Dr
Lynchburg, VA 24501
(434) 385-6388

Amherst Arms (just north of Lynchburg, guys seemed nice & knowledgable, have a gunsmith too, C3 but don't appear to stock any NFA items)
http://amherstarmsandsupply.com/
113 Sprouse Dr
Amherst VA 24521
434-401-9865

Lynchburg Arms & Indoor Shooting Range (new range, stays busy, nice staff, prices seem reasonable)
http://lynchburgshootingrange.com/
113 Sunburst Rd.
Lynchburg, Va. 24501
434-525-2604

MC Leather
http://www.mc-leather.com/
I'd post an address, but he's moved twice this year and I don't have his new address (behind the cabinet shop on the opposite corner of 221 & Enterprise Dr). His selection is a little smaller, but he's a C3 dealer that tries to stock YHM suppressors. I'm in paperwork stage of purchasing one from him. His prices are the best around, for the most part. $10 transfers, even for C3 (at least that's what he told me). Seems nice enough, but I've heard stories about his special orders not going so smoothly. He usually has some of the best prices at gun shows.

Ginks Gun Shed
1290 Marcus Trail
Big Island, VA 24526-2851
(434) 299-5105
Now... this is probably one of the most unique gun 'stores' I've ever encountered. May need a 4wd to get there in the winter. Quite literally a shed in the middle of the woods, behind the owner's house. Owner is an older retired military fellow that had some sort of cancer and uses one of those voice boxes to talk. Super nice guy. His shed/shop is full of guns, probably more than most larger stores. Has suppressors and machine guns for sale (saw Mac 10 for $5300 I think). You can also rent the guns and shoot them 'out back'. Gotta follow the signs to find the place, but it's probably worth the experience. I'd peg most of his stock as 'used', rather than 'new'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.