Virginia Gun Stores

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Bonk, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Wolfgang

Millennium Member

Old Dominion on 58 W between Danville and Martinsville.

Carter's Guns and Ammo in Danville

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I like A&P Arms in Hampton. Knowledgeable folks and good prices (except Glocks 'cause they don't honor the LE/Military discount).

Nice perk is 5 free range trips (at Va Beach location) with purchase of a gun.

I haven't found any Hampton Roads store that fully honors the Glock discount. I went up to Town Police Supply in Richmond when I bought my 19.

3. zombie_dad

zombie_dad GOTOD # 0015

Are there any good handgun sources between Hampton & Williamsburg?

4. 98C5

98C5 Cubicle Dweller

Bill's Guns in Gretna, Va. - Hwy 29 between Danville & Lynchburg

VERY freindly and helpful people. A real Mom & Pop shop, excellent selection!!

Town & Gun in Collinsville(Martinsville)off 220.

Another good shop with nice people. Great selection, especially with the end of year sale!!
    Also great police trade-ins with fantastic prices.

5. there is also raymonds on 58 right outside of danville. he mostly sales used stuff though.

6. I am moving to Accomack County on the eastern shore. Anyone know of any good gun shops that will handle FFL transfers? Also, are there any pistol ranges on the eastern shore that are open to the public?

7. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I got a couple that I go to in the area
    New River Equipment,
    2481 Wysor Highway
    Draper, VA
    Basically you get off of I-81 and go south on Rt. 100 a ways it is on the right side of the road just before you get to the New River bridge. Well stocked for a small shop. I have only been there once and haven't bought anything yet so.....

K and K guns
    167 Ridge Ave
    Rural Retreat, VA 24368

This is my gun shop right here. Not as well stocked but Cliff is easy to work with, but a little hard to get to know so.... He is pretty fair on his prices and would get me just about anything I need I think. Deals mostly in sig pistols and has a large array of hunting gear. has some holsters too though. Did I mention he was a Class III dealer and has cans and autos in the shop to browse over???

8. Whitetail outfitters, Ltd.
    Christiansburg/Riner, Va 24073 24149

1-540-381-9790

9. Richard Simmons

Richard Simmons American Icon

In the Roanoke area we just had a new Sportsmans Warehouse open up on 11/21/07 near the Home Depot off of Hershberger Rd.

Also out in the Montvale area, east of Roanoke on Rte 460 is Roadside Sporting Goods. They're kind of in the back next to the BP station.

The Sportsmans Warehouse was closed back in April 2009 as I recall.

#29 Richard Simmons, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  10. Nicko

Nicko GTDS FOR LIFE

+1:goodpost:

11. I've found the exact opposite to be true. A&P *****es if you fire more than two rounds in 5 seconds and the employees in there are more concerned with pretending to be super secret squirrel ninjas than they are helping any one out.

The times I've been to Bob's has been quite pleasant and they didn't care how fast my follow up shot were.

Odd....

12. orlando_5

Millennium Member

Fish Safari

It's not really a gun shop but they do FFL transfer and will special order firearms for you. I deal with them few months ago when we group ordered 10 AR15 receivers. They charged $10 per transfer so the money we saved was substantial.

Fish Safari
    2029 Lynnhaven Parkway, #550
    Virginia Beach, VA 23456
    http://www.fishsafari.com/

The corner of Princess Ann Rd. and Lynnhaven Parkway. Just left of the Wal-Mart Super Center.

13. WayaX

Lifetime Member

14. Was in NOVA today on business and had a little extra time to burn so I looked up local ranges and came across Blue Ridge Arsenal. Spent an hour there and have to say that I really liked the place. The people were nice and had a chance to meet the owner Earl....nice guy. I'll be sure to check them out again next time I'm in the area. You guys got any other ranges you can recommened when I'm NOVA?

15. The MCX at Camp Allen is an LE Dealer for our area.
    Called Glock today and asked.

They can get ya the LE price, but it has to be ordered from Glock and the wait right now is 8-12 weeks.

Kyle

16. Yeah, they're supposedly an LE dealer. Ask them their price and then call Town Police Supply to compare. You can pay more AND wait 2-3 months to get your Glock!

17. I talked to Glock yesterday about it and it looks like ill just use the Ind Officer Order Form and order it straight from Glock for $428.61 with tax and wait the 8-12 weeks Glock Said and just use the MCX for there $15 FFL Fee.

What does Town Plice Supply Charge???

Kyle

18. I got to the Marksman in Newport News(primarily)http://www.the-marksman.com/, VA Gun and Supply in Newport News, or Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk.

19. _____

#39 novaDAK, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  20. I have to give another endorsement for Dances Sporting Goods as well, they have shown me nothing but respect and helpfulness, which is a hard thing for me to find these days. I don't mind going out of my way to give them my business. If they had a range it would be the only place that I would frequent.
    ...plus the food isnt too bad either. You get a little hungry when you go in to buy a box of rounds, and end up spending almost an hour in there checking out the consignment pieces.