Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Virginia CHP change of address in new locality

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by SelfDefender207, Nov 24, 2008.

  1. I am not sure where to look for the correct info on this subject, so I am looking for insight here regarding my Virginia CHP. I sold my house back in June and was staying with family until a couple weeks ago when I bought a new house. I moved from the City of Fredericksburg a few miles south into Spotsylvania County. Does anyone know the process for getting a new CHP? I am not sure if I have to apply for a new permit and get finger printed again in Spotsylvania or is there a way I can just send in my info to Spotsylvania and have them send me a new CHP with my new address since I already have a Virginia CHP. Thanks for the Help.
  2. Messer


    Jan 13, 2003
    Central Virginia
    As of July 1st, 2008... (from the VCDL)

    "* If a person moves from one location to another in Virginia, you can now get a new permit with a change of address for $10 by applying to the Circuit Court where the permit was issued. REMEMBER: there is no requirement to get a change of address on your permit, but if you want to do so, you now can."

    So go the the Circuit Court of your old address, and get it changed if you want to.

    Take care,
    Bob S.

  3. Messer, thanks for the reply, that almost sounds too easy. I usually use my CHP as my second form of ID when I purchase from FFL's though, so I will need the address to match my new Drivers Liscense. Hopefully the clerk of court in Fredericksburg will know the laws better than I do and allow me to update my address even though I no longer live in Fredericksburg City.