Violence, Killing Sprees & Psych Meds

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by 4Rules, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Psychetruth Correspondent Corrina Rachel interviews psychiatrist Dr. Colin Ross about people going crazy on mental health meds and committing acts of violence. This includes commentary on James Homes the Colorado Shooter, The Columbine school shooting and Andrea Yates who murdered her children.

Published on Sep 18, 2012 by psychetruth

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCAXhK1E5-k"]Violence, Killing Sprees & Psych Meds Part 1: Columbine, Yates, Holmes, Colin Ross & Corrina Rachel - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    More violence inside the fence Cop Talk Yesterday at 10:52 AM
    The Gift of Fear and Facing Violence books Misc. Non-Gun Stuff Jul 6, 2015
    Coulter: Blacks commit more than 80% of interracial violence Political Issues Jun 25, 2015
    Celebrity's have a plan to curb gun violence Gun-Control Issues Jun 24, 2015
    Karl Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second Amendment The Okie Corral Jun 21, 2015

3. RichardB

Silver Member

#2 RichardB, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  4. RichardB

Silver Member

With known psych patients perhaps there needs to be more controlled testing (inside a lockup) before we turn them loose on society with a bottle of pills. But the civil libertarians might object to young mothers, teenagers, or veterans being constrained while the medical types figure out the right formulation for their conditions.

I'm still partial to the Phase of the Moon theory for miscreant behavior.:tongueout:

5. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

I want to see the double-blind study that proves Dr. Ross' claim that anti-psychotic meds are a cause of homicidal behavior.

6. All those warnings on your TV screens every night advising you to "tell your doctor" if you experience thoughts of suicide, depression, violence, etc., and not meant for you, but the monkey they originally tested the drug on!

Statistics tell us the medical community kills more people each year then 10 times the firearms deaths.