close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Violence and Protest in Iran as Currency Drops in Value

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/w...ice-target-money-changers.html?pagewanted=all

TEHRAN — The first outbreak of public anger over Iran’s collapsing currency and other economic maladies jolted the heart of the capital on Wednesday, with riot police violently clamping down on black-market money changers, hundreds of citizens marching to demand relief and merchants in the sprawling bazaar closing their shops in protest.

The official news media in Iran said an unspecified number of people had been arrested, including two Europeans, in the unrest, which was documented in news photographs, at least two verifiable videos uploaded on YouTube and witness accounts. Economists and political analysts in Iran and abroad said the anger reflected both the accumulated impact of harsh Western economic sanctions over Iran’s disputed nuclear program as well as the government’s inability to manage an economic crisis that has become increasingly acute.

It came a day after Iran’s president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told a televised news conference that the plunge in the value of the currency, the rial — it has fallen by 40 percent against the dollar this past week — was orchestrated by ruthless currency speculators, the United States and other unspecified internal enemies of Iran. He pleaded with fellow citizens to stop selling their rials for dollars, a currency he once characterized as “a worthless piece of paper,” and warned that speculators face arrest and punishment.

2. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    ~ "was orchestrated by ruthless currency speculators, the United States and other unspecified internal enemies of Iran." ~
    God Bless Isreal....with the strength and wisdom to take out Terrorists and their `lemming supporters.`

Liberalism is a Cancer

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I had better call my broker and tell him to quit investing my money in Iranian currency.

:upeyes:

4. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, Flint...I see the fingerprints of George Soros all over this one. :whistling:

5. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    Citizens of the United States should be doing the same thing if thety weren't so damn stupid.

6. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    lol, tell it like it is