close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vienna Sausages are just as disgusting as I remembered

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fnfalman, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sputnik767

sputnik767

Nov 1, 2007
    Chicago
    Pretty much ground-up leftovers from meat processing. I saw a clip on how hot dogs are made. Haven't touched one since.

In fact, here you go:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzUm7UEEIY"]How It's Made - Hot Dogs - YouTube[/ame]

Watch it through the Youtube site in 1080p quality, so you get the full effect.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. GunHo198

GunHo198

Oct 7, 2004
    Tampa
    That's strictly survival food. LOL Tastes better if cooked and eaten with something else!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Aug 14, 2001
    Almost Heaven
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ANKehRX0M"]Jarvis Products Bung Dropper in Action - YouTube[/ame]

4. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    nevermind, not even worth it.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    One thing for sure, I'm about 5-lbs lighter this morning via the porcelain god method.

6. cgjane

cgjane

Nov 18, 2009
    Sitting on the throne? Or yelling for
    Ralph?

They are bad. Bad for you.

Watch "Food Inc." and you won't want to eat 1/2 the food you see.

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

They will look similar to this...

[​IMG]

The random things you guys make me take pictures of....

8. Whether they're "bad for you" isn't really the question. Everything's bad in excess.

Are they worse for you than M&M's, Snicker Bars, Potato Chips, and cookies? That's the question.

I eat sweets and carbs, I always want more. Protein, fats, sardines, and vienna sausages satisfy. So a 50 cent can of Vienna sausages vs. a bag of chocolate chip cookies that leaves you hungry - which is worse?

9. Rleee

Rleee

Jul 16, 2009
    West Central Fla
    Years ago they had just come out with chicken Vienna sausages and I was making a delivery to a grocery store. The store mgr told me the crew wouldn't be in for another 45 min to unload the truck. I bought an box of saltines and a can of the chicken sausages and went back to my truck. I ate a couple of saltines while I opened the can and noticed a little dog sniffing around the dumpster. I got one of the sausages out but 1/2 of it was all I could handle. I whistled at the dog and said here boy. When I got the dog's attention I threw the sausages to him by the dumpster. He went over and sniffed them, them went to the other end of the dumpster and started sniffing again without ever taking a bite.

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Sitting on my white throne for half the freakin' night. I shouldn't have eaten the damn thing and I was already nauseous after consuming them.

The crazy thing is that once upon a time, I thought that they were good pogie baits - a great alternative to choking down MREs. Now I'm not so sure.

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Here in KY they are considered a traditional native food. It is pronounced Vi-Ay-Nee and you don't say "sausage" - it's just a "can of vi-ay-nees."

I went to a meeting in the supreme court conference room at the state capitol during a court recess a few months ago. The supreme court justice who was chairman of the committee had his lunch of viennas and saltines during the meeting.

I'm not a big fan of those or beanee weenee, but my father usually brings both on hunting trips, so I eat them sometimes.

12. I have never eaten one. I do however have a couple cases at the house. For the price and shelf life, I figured it was a decent calorie booster to my SHFT stock in the event I made a miscalculation or as a last ditch reserve.

13. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
    I'm ashamed to say my mouth is watering reading this thread. I like 'em with A1.

14. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Jan 28, 2001
    Vienna sausages and potted meat is classic camping food, but when guests are over we break out the Spam.

15. Made Man

Made Man Glock-o-holic

Nov 1, 2004
    Eastern Kentucky
    Haha, I love me some monkey prix, hillbilly paté, and beenee weenees, all with zesta saltines. I don't sit around the house and eat that stuff regularly, but in the field, and that's all I brought, any is wonderful.

Sent from up range, at about 3100 fps

16. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I thought the official position on liking beans and franks was DADT??

17. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland

My sister :puking: used to call Vienna Sausages, "Munchkin Johnsons".:rofl:
    (I used to ask her, "How do you know?")

Deviled Ham is REALLY good, especially when some pickled relish is stirred in!!!!!!!!
    Spread some on a Ritz Cracker. . . . Mmmmmmmmmmm, good!

18. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Was her answer.."silly boy, I have seen you nekked" ???

19. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    Iv never liked them, they are nasty. Thats pretty bad too, cause i will eat most anything

20. sputnik767

sputnik767

Nov 1, 2007
    Chicago
    I understand what you're saying, however, the food you eat is a choice you make. It's one thing if you can't afford decent food, however even in that situation a can of beans and a bag of rice is cheap, and is still a hell of a lot better than a can of Vienna sausages. Black beans and rice tastes pretty good too.

Are they worse than all of those foods you mentioned? I am not sure, I have never eaten Viennas and I eat candy or chips maybe a couple times per month. And I had my first soda in probably 2 or 3 months on my flight a few days ago. However, Viennas and hot dogs are just about the worst of all of the processed foods out there with a high sodium content, so they just may be worse.