close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

VIDEO - What, and Why, I Carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Amsdorf, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

May 15, 2011
    I made this video for some of my friends, and the folks who follow me on Facebook. Frankly, I get hassled by people for carrying concealed because I'm a Lutheran pastor and I wanted to try to explain it, as clearly as I could.

[ame]http://youtu.be/0WfxkafoA80?hd=1[/ame]

2. brausso

brausso

Mar 7, 2010
    Puget Sound
    Nice video, but I don't care what it is you do for a living, you should never have to justify to anyone why you carry. If they don't get it now, chances they never will.

3. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
  4. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    Paul, welcome to GT. I'm a Southern Baptist pastor in Louisiana and I carry where legal. There are other pastors and church staff members on this board.

At my conceal carry class I was asked why I as a pastor wanted to carry a gun. I said that my faith may be strong, but it's not bulletproof. I've also had several death threats--three in the last three years alone from abusive husbands after I counseled their battered wives to leave them.

Don't grow weary in well doing, Brother.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  5. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    One of the local Pastors teaches CCW classes and encourages his congregation to carry at his church.

6. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

May 15, 2011
    Thank you, brother. Appreciate your words!

7. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    Thanks for the video. I exercise my right to carry and I am an ordained minister, also; I have pastored churches and currently serve as a hospice chaplain. I, like you, carry where legal and appropriate. The pastor of the church I currently attend carries on a regular basis, too. Actually, my wife spotted his pistol one day when he made a broad gesture during his sermon. Evil doesn't necessarily happen just on a spiritual plain, it also happens in this mortal coil and we should have a ready response for it in either place.

Nice gear and rig, btw.

8. Amsdorf

Amsdorf

May 15, 2011
    Thanks Rat51, appreciate the comment, and thanks for watching.

9. High Altitude

High Altitude

Nov 19, 2005
    Tennessee
    I will never understand why people think church is some sacred ground that no firearms should ever be on. Church is a high priority target for shootings and carrying while there is important.

10. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
  11. random southpaw

random southpaw

Nov 7, 2011
    Pastor, nice job on your video.

That was very nice of you to also point folks towards Hickock45.

I would not mind viewing more of your videos, if you have a mind to create some others--you are rather good at the video thing.