close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Video Of Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by m51, Mar 28, 2012.

1. m51

m51

Jan 26, 2006
  2. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20

Dec 5, 2011
    N. Florida
    Customarily if first aid is needed it is rendered prior to arriving at lockup. Often swelling doesn't happen for a while too.

All I'm saying is that there is absolutely nothing conclusive here except that he was in handcuffs and one of those officers needs to put a little distance between them self and the doughnut store. ;)

3. m51

m51

Jan 26, 2006
    I could see one of the officers looking at the back of Zimmerman's head, like he had reported an injury, or checking on it after it was treated at the scene.

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Yeah, worthless video. He would have already been cleaned up and it's too fuzzy and far away to see anything anyway.

Let's see the booking photos, at least they would be close up and clearer.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    if injured, a suspect has to be medically cleared for lock up even if its temporary detention....

6. The Maggy

The Maggy

Dec 24, 2008
    Stillwater, OK
    Has anyone seen a broken nose that didn't gush blood like a stuck pig?

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    i have. the bleeding was stopped a short time after it happened. matter of fact, watch any combat sport and youll see it.

8. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    I might have.

There was a girl fight. At the end of it, one girl said, "I think she broke my nose" and someone who was going to school to be a nurse said, "I think you are correct, she broke your nose". There wasn't a drop of blood. I don't know how often this happens or.....

My analysis of the video. It is not in enough detail to show injuries. He is either a psyco killer or believes that he shot in self defense, because he is way to cool.

9. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Sure plenty of times in the last 10+ years of working in an ER and ICU.

10. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    I broke mine repeatedly senior year during water polo season. I perpetually had black eyes and could not blow my nose without incredible pain. Not one drop of blood for all the blows to the nose.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  11. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    I agree with the others that the video is worthless.

It provides about as much confirmation about Zimmerman's condition or mental state as that video depicting a face on Mars.

12. CourtCop

CourtCop Millennium Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Brodheadsville, PA
    You see this is why we have jury trials with the very high burden of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict people in this country. We don't convict solely on wild speculation of people who weren't there, proclamations of publicity hungry politicians or opinions of internet forum members.
    There are only two people who know for sure what happened. One has a vested interest and the other is dead. We may never know what actually happened, but if there is not enough evidence to convict then Zimmerman is not guilty. Everything else, while interesting, is just people blowing smoke.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. Video is what it is. As was reported in the partially released police report Zimmerman was treated by SFD after being placed in the back of the police car that night. And once Zimmerman was cleared by SFD he was transported to the Sanford Police Department. The report also notes the officer stated he could see Zimmerman bleeding from nose and back of head.

And I would assume that the SFD would also have some paperwork detailing what they did to treat Zimmerman that night.

14. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy

Mar 29, 2008
    This video (taken after the event) showing little or no visible signs of physical injury to Zimmerman has nothing to do with his claim of self defense.

The real issue is did Zimmermena have a reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury during the assault/fight/encounter with Martin?

15. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009

This.

1. First aid could have been rendered at the scene. It was said he refused transport to a hospital, so the attendants probably cleaned him up before cutting him loose to the cops.

2. Which day was this filmed? It was said he went back with them the next day to re-enact the events (and that too was further reason why he wasn't charged) and I'm sure he showered and dressed before leaving, so, yes WHEN was this filmed, which day?

16. m51

m51

Jan 26, 2006
    It was reported this video was filmed immediately after they took him from the scene. The handcuffs are still on. I saw a close up of this video (still shots) today showing a bump about the size of a dime close to the top of his head today. Something went on out there, hope we get an accurate story when it all comes out.

17. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

Feb 12, 2002
    QUARREL REEF
    I sure hope that if I get beaten to a pulp and my brains bashed out of the back of my skull on concrete that I can bounce back as quickly his Zimmerman.

18. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Nowhere have I read that Mr. Zimmerman stated that.

19. JRoCc

JRoCc

May 24, 2010

Little dramatic aren't we?