close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

*Video* N.Y.P.D. "Dirty Dancing" @ West Indies Cultural Pride Parade

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ULVER, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

Jan 8, 2001
    ATL., GA. USA
  2. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

Jul 10, 2007
    Not very smart, but I can't say I have too much of a problem with it.

3. fespo276

fespo276

Mar 31, 2007
    Unprofessional. Discipline for sure. How much, who knows.

4. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Unprofessional for sure . . . couple days off without pay.

5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    At about the one minute mark, one of them is clearly not wearing a hat...that's trouble.

6. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    Conduct unbecoming an officer :shocked:

7. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan
    just an observation that might not be a rule in NYPD. ( or its one no one cares about) Hats are really not that common, usually when you walk around you only see the sergeants+ wearing hats. ( if any of them)

8. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Running joke around here.

9. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Mar 17, 2010
    JBA
    Stupid, stupid stupid. Or poor judgement at the very least. I personally don't have a problem with it, just a little harmless fun, but the po-po haters and PC-nazis are gonna demand their badges.

C'mon people don't you know that the roving eye of big brother looms ever larger every day? They should have known that 1. being a cop and 2. being in NYC... SOMEONE's got you on candid camera!!

10. RVER

RVER

Aug 3, 2004
    PA
    Unprofessional... bad choices... conduct unbecoming... maybe so and maybe no. Would I or anyone on my detail do it? Hell no. Is this a brave new world? Absolutely.

:dunno:

11. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Conduct unbecoming. A week off without pay ought to get the message across about how to behave professionally.

12. While teaching a Taser class at the academy on Tuesday, I was repeatedly reminding the cadets that as soon as you make contact with anyone, go ahead and assume that you are being video-taped and will be on youtube before the end of the shift.

13. RVER

RVER

Aug 3, 2004
    PA
    Yep, don't do or say anything in the course of your duties (or off duty for that matter) that you don't want your parents, wife and kids, family and neighbors to see forever... over and over again...

:embarassed:

14. Unprofessional and conduct unbecoming. They should be restricted to menial jobs like working crowd control at parades!!!

Seriously, this should not be accepted in the law enforcement world and if some thing isn't done it's only going to get worse!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  15. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    Completely unprofessional. Some discipline needed, like a letter in their file or some such.

16. fla2760

fla2760

Aug 12, 2006
    FL
    Very unprofessional, a well earned rip. :whistling:

17. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    I don't think anyone would have been mad if they would have danced in a "clean manner" in place for a couple seconds to make a few people smile in the crowd or given them a high five or something as they went by. They way they danced though wasn't right or professional for someone in uniform representing the NYPD and police in general. That kind of dancing is enough to get you kicked out of some school dances in different parts of the county.

Reminded me of strip club dancing.....not right, bad move for the officers involved in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  18. Manofprint

Manofprint

Aug 27, 2008
    South FL
    Cut them a break. everybody likes to have fun at work. Plus they were
    mingling with the public and forming a bond with the community.

19. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I think if a guy wants to cut a little rug all by himself in that situation, so be it. People will love it almost universally. It's when it turns in to a simulated sex act (complete with hands on hips and dry humping), you've got an issue.

20. mikegun

mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    colorado
    Sheeeeeeeeeeet, its the American way...