close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

VIDEO: G32 Malfunctions Resolved?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JBarbaresi, Jan 10, 2010.

1. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

Today I decided to make a video of the feeding malfunctions that many of us recent G32 owners have been experiencing. If you are not aware of this issue or have not been following it, please visit the thread below to catch up.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168444

Over the past 2 months and 1300 rounds I have tried everything I could think of to figure out what was causing the malfunctions. Every combination of ammo, shooting grips, magazines, temperatures, polished trigger bar, etc... I think I have finally narrowed it down. I don't know if the G30SF issues could be something similar because I haven't been following that story too closely, maybe some of you guys who are experiencing difficulty can chime in as well.

Anyways, here's the video. Please read the description before making any comments. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_0eQ8gn9c

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. bentbiker

bentbiker

Have you thought of moving the good (#1) follower to one of the other magazines? If you did, and it solved the problem, that would rule out any other culprit -- springs, dirt, liners, lips, etc. Then you could search out some more #1 followers and put things to bed.

3. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

this is the last thing i need to do before I can 100% diagnose the problem. this was one of the things I asked the rep about while I had him on the phone but he advised against it. He said that if I were to dissassemble the magazines there is no way anyone could prove I did not reassemble them incorrectly. That would be just one more thing I would have to deal with.

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Or maybe Glock could give you some followers. My CSD prefix 32 has not had that sort of problem and it has had 1000 or so WWB, S&B, Winchester Rangers etc through it although most of what I put through it is 40. All the failure to feed issues you demonstrated wuold drive me nuts.

5. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

what number followers do you have in your G32 mags? glock said they don't have any more #1 followers since they were superceded by the #2's.

6. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

What about trying G23 mags? FWIU, you can use the same mags that a G23 uses. Why not try it out? My blue label G27 and G22 RTF all have #8 followers in their mags, if that matters. Both were test fired in October 2009.

7. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

i did also do a little testing with one of my g23 mags. i only fired a couple magazines worth and didn't have any issues, but with the cost of .357 ammo i wanted to focus most of my shooting on the magazines they are sending out with the g32s since this is not an isolated issue.

one of the other reasons i used the particular magazine that i used in the video is because it is consistently more unreliable. the other magazine with a #2 follower and metal cutout still gives me the same feeding issues, just far less frequently.

i don't know if there was just bad batch of magazines produced and released, or if everyone with #2 G32 mags is having the same issues. if I could get a little more feedback in the thread linked in the first post i might be able to come to a better conclusion and see a better picture of what's going on. i'm pretty limited when i only have my 3 mags to test out.

8. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

I think it may be a widespread problem. I will be picking up a blue label Glock 33 next week. I will let you know if it has the newer followers, and if they give me any problems.

9. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I was thinking the same thing about the 40 followers-tried it?

I have a very old G22 mag that does the same type of jam
    It's bad at first then gets better as it empties(half loaded never a problem)-the feed lips spread a bit when fully loaded at the bullet end but not the base end-something to look at

10. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

unfortunately the magazines i have malfunction regardless of how fully loaded they are. sounds like your older G22 mag is not lined?

11. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I have about 3 types of 23 magazines and the 10 round 32 magazines that came with.

12. AustinTx

AustinTx

Thanks for the video, it was very good. I've been trying to follow this problem, as my 2 carry guns are a G31 & G33. I've never fired a G32 and have never had any sort of problem with the 31 & 33. It seems that you may be on to something.

13. greyeyezz

greyeyezz

MEN series, 9-9-08 BOD. I have six 13rd mags with #2 followers and no metal cutout. Also have four 15rd mags with exactly the same #2 followers. Pistol has extremely low round count, 400 rds with zero malfunctions. I have fired 9 different types of HP and FMJ ammo, even mixed them up in the mags without issue.

14. countryrebel

countryrebel

I had some feeding problems in my G23 with a lone wolf G32 barrel in it. I was using a
    G23 mag with a #5 follower. On about the tenth round I had a failure to feed. The mag did not push the round up high enough to go into the breach and ended up nosing into the bottom of the barrel ramp. I did not have any other problems with my other mags just the one. I think even if the stock barrel was in it still would not have fed. I have since switched back to the .40.

15. CaliColin

CaliColin

Hmm that's weird.. unbiased troubleshooting. How many times has someone on the internet accused you of limp wristing in the last 1200 rounds? Hahah.. that's usually the answer for any Glock malfunction because everyone knows that they are perfect and go bang every time. Always.

16. Dauntless452003

Dauntless452003

I have a number of LE marked G31 mags with the #1 follower that I bought from cdnn. I noticed that cdnn has LE marked G32 mags for sale on their sight right now (cdnninvestments.com). While I do not know whether or not said mags have the number 1 follower, I would bet that they do. You might call, find out, and order some of those, if you're interested in solving the problem that way.

Good luck, I know it must be frustrating.

17. Bret

Bret Crimping Master

Good video. One thing to keep in mind is that the problem may still be caused by a combination of factors. For example, Glock could have made a change to the followers and completely tested it with reliable results. Later they could have made another change to the pistol, such as changing the barrel feed ramp, that only causes unreliability when paired with the new followers. Changing either factor may eliminate the problem. Therefore, another pistol that is shot using the same followers may not have the problem. These combination of factors situations make things very difficult to figure out. I find this whole situation very interesting because my G23 with an aftermarket Storm Lake 357Sig barrel has worked 100% so far using G23 magazines. I've only fired about 300rds through it though.

I'm glad you're not giving up on solving the problem. I had to send my USP40 back to H&K three times before they finally figured out the problem that was causing a range a reliability problems (worn out recoil spring). My Steyr M40 went back to Steyr three times and they never could resolve the variety of reliability problems it was have. The problems instantly disappeared when I started using hicap 12rd mags instead of the 10rd mags the pistol came with. Between these two pistols I fired well over 2000rds trying to figure out what was going on. Both pistols are bet your life on them reliable now.

If you send your pistol back to Glock, be sure to send video of the problems you're having. It won't really help them figure out what's going on, but it will prevent them from shooting a few rounds and declaring that there's nothing wrong with the pistol.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  18. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

Finally got back to the condo where the G32s are kept.
    One is 2nd Gen. other is 3rd Gen.
    All mags are -1 or earlier.
    Not had any trouble.
    Some of the 10-round .40 mags were iffy during the Ban on full cap. mags.
    :wavey:

19. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

thanks for the advice. one of the reasons i posted a picture of my feed ramp in the other thread dedicated to this issue is so if anyone can see any differences in the design they could let me know. i don't think glock has made any changes to the gun itself, but i could be wrong because they tend to keep things like that pretty hush hush.

i spoke to a rep on friday who asked me to send him a detailed email and pictures of whats been going on. if/when i see what their response is to my email, i will be replying with the video that i just made. i don't plan on paying to send the gun back to glock unless they are able to identify an issue from my video or pictures i sent them and offer to replace or make changes to the problem. one of the reasons i don't want to send it to them is because all of the others who have done that have gotten the gun back in the condition and were told it shoots fine.

20. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

thanks for the info. so far it seems the only problems have come from the #2 followers, but not everyone who has #2's have experienced issues yet. maybe they just had a bad batch that got sent out?

what worries me is that one of my magazines with a #2 was "completely reliable" through over 600 rounds and then suddenly started acting up when loaded with Speer Gold Dots. an SD situation is not the time to find out your magazine/gun combo doesn't always want to work for you. and sd rounds are too expensive to be testing at great lengths.