Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

video driver update.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jolt8me, Feb 4, 2011.

1. jolt8me

jolt8me Your the devil

May 9, 2004
    I have a gateway MD2614u laptop. The video card is a ATI radeon hd 3200. running vista 64 bit.
    When i go to the ati website to update my video driver I have a choice of notebook and the closest card to mine is mobility radeon hd 3200. If i choose integrated motherboard graphics my choice is radeon 3200 series. Which one is the right one? Does the hd part mean anything?
  2. Aiden

Apr 27, 2010
    Illinois 61550
    edit: im an idiot

Mobility drivers all the way
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

3. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Jul 14, 2005
    With Amber Lamps
    With laptops it's much better to get video drivers from the laptop maker's website (Gateway in this case) than using generic video drivers. I'd only get them somewhere else if the maker didn't have them for the operating system installed. When the maker quits updating them there's usually nothing to gain using newer versions on that laptop.

I would think that "mobility radeon hd 3200" would be right for a laptop. But I'd try to stay with Gateway's drivers.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft AKA Fluffy316

Feb 7, 2004
    Houston, TX

+1 Use the 3200 series driver.

I personally like getting the drivers from the actual manufacturer, many times they are more up to date than the company that tossed it into their product.
  5. Aiden

Apr 27, 2010
    Illinois 61550
    Since you're on a laptop, the Mobility drivers should be for you. Ignore my first comment.

I was mistakenly assuming the integrated motherboard drivers applied to any integrated graphics chips when I said go with that.

For what its worth, Nvidia has less confusing naming schemes. :)