close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vickers Slide Stop and Mag release in a G27 EDC?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by russelldehart, Jul 20, 2012.

1. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

Like a lot of guys I find the stock slide stop and mag release (gen 3 and earlier) a bit small and difficult to operate.At the same time I find the extended versions of these to be too obtrusive for use on an EDC gun (however they are probably just fine for a competition/range/house gun). So my well-worn G27 and I have slogged along with the original equipment despite it's shortcomings.

The other day I was in my LGS and they had a G19 behind the counter that one of the gunsmiths had installed the Vickers/Tango Down slide stop and mag release and I have to say I am really impressed. It's not a snag-o-matic but each gives you just a little more purchase for operating the controls. Needless to say I am seriously considering adding them to my G27. Has anyone else done this to their "Baby-Glock" and has it proven to be as reliable and carry friendly as the original controls?

2. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Depends on the holster. I have added the Vickers mag catch to my Gen 4 26. No issues at all with premature release in a CBST. I have kept the OEM extended SSL for IWB in this case because the Vickers will snag on this holster due to the fact it protrudes a lot more.

For OWB, I have all the Vickers extended controls mounted to my 19's.

3. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

I am a big fan of the Vickers slide stop ... very well designed and perfect for my hands. I've had no problems on my Gen4 19s carrying AIWB. I have the Glock extended mag release on them as well.