close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Veteran's Administration needs Disabled Vets

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Blitzer, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Veteran's Administration needs disabled Vets.

This is from my my Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, he indicates the Veteran's Administration needs to increase it's work force to a 10 % level of disabled Vets and it is currently only at 1.5%.

Contact the VA and schedule a time to talk to a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor today.

2. One thing - VA changed their name more than 15 years ago under President Reagan when they became the Department of Veterans Affairs and the head of VA (the Secretary) became a cabinet position. VA now stands for Veterans Affairs. It is NEVER written "the" VA as this would be saying "the" Veterans Affairs. Note that Veterans is plural (s), not possessive ('s).

I am well aware that 99.9999% of ALL media outlets and 99.9% of ALL VA employees for that matter, still say, or refer to the Veterans Administration - but they are just plain WRONG. :rant:

Thanks, I needed that! :)

Someone can have my job in 2 years or less. Won't help the percentages, though - I am a disabled Veteran.

SARDoG
    US Department of Veterans Affairs
    US Navy Veteran
    US Coast Guard Auxiliary

3. DennisP

DennisP

Sep 23, 2000
    Tampa,FL. USA
    SARDG,
    What VA do you work at?

I am with the VA in Tampa and I agree about people calling it the Veterans Administration.

Dennis P.

4. Here is a little something to go with that whine of yours: ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:supergrin: :thumbsup: :rofl: :tongueout: :rofl:

5. PM sent. Sorry for the horrible delay.

6. Thanks, I needed that as well! :supergrin: