close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Vest or Chest rig? which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by pariah, Jan 3, 2010.

1. pariah

pariah

Feb 5, 2008
    Title pretty well sums it up.

I own several of each, and I always find myself waffling back and forth. I like chest rigs because they are lighter and I generally don't think one needs to carry the proverbial kitchen sink. However, there is also something to be said for the familiarity of a vest - it goes on and off the same way you would a jacket, abd you can do that half asleep, dog tired - doesn't matter, plus the wider material area should distribute wieght better. There are literally a dozen other reasons I waffle back and forth like this, but I thought I'd ask around here and see if perhaps there isn't something I've overlooked.

I realize of course that what you would use it for might affect what you would use. So in that case, lets say a three day tactical rifle course at some training academy which would require you to be several hundred miles away from home for the duration of the course. perhaps it's like 3 states away or something similar.

So what do you prefer, and why?

2. St1650

St1650 RIP 1776-2008.

Apr 11, 2004
    Kanada
    My setup so far.

Tactical Tailor MAV 2 piece. TT X harness. TT Hydration pouch.
    Mayflower 4x 5.56 pouches with bungee. TT pistol pouches
    Safariland ALS G17 holster with MLS (Molle Locking system).

I also run a Tactical Tailor Mini-Mav with Mayflower 3x7.62 pouches for service rifle competition with the M14. I also use that when I go rucking/hunting with my Kifaru Navigator. Great combo, super comfortable.

I'll probably get myself a Kifaru Tailgunner one day to complement.

Pic with the mini-mav in front of the kifaru
    [​IMG]