close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Very slow typing on xp!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BSA70, Apr 9, 2010.

1. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    Awhile back, I had to reinstall xp due to very slow typing on the forums, email, facebook etc. That fixed the problem.

Well now it is back. You will type awhile and see nothing, then all of a sudden what you have typed pops in the field. What is causing this? Have I picked up a virus. I try to run ccleaner and spybot occassionally. AVG does not indicate a problem.
    It does not seem to do this when typing in WORD program.

Any help greatly appreciated!:wow:

2. j-glock22

j-glock22

Sep 20, 2001
    Central Ohio
    I had a similar issue some time back... apparantly (my theory) a keylogger can do this... we're talking about something that bypassed the firewall and attatched to your system, and your keystrokes are leaking out of your browser to whomever is monitoring or recording it.
    BUT!!!!!!
    Also it may be your processor and or bad keyboard or motherboard.
    In my case in the end game (after complete and clean install) I still had slowness problems (but not the typing) and it boiled down to a dying processor (it was a Celeron at the time)
    My new system sports a non-celeron cpu, and I'm quite pleased with the massive increase of speed all accross the board, even with suped up network security working with my router's firewall.
    Something to consider....

3. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    What browser do you use? Try a different one.

4. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    I use firefox, it has always run great...

5. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA

Had a feeling this is what you use. Since you probably didn't try a different browser, give IE a shot (or Chrome/Opera) to verify the slow typing doesn't occur in them.

I'll do some searching online, but I think the fix for this is to create a new profile. But it could also be an issue with a recently installed/upgraded add-on.

Also, maybe try firefox in safe mode.

Close FireFox

Start->Programs->Mozilla Firefox->Firefox (safe mode)

Otherwise, Start->RUN->Firefox -safe-mode

This of course assumes you're using Windows...if using Linux, a penguin will hopefully be along shortly to help out.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  6. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA