close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Very Rude/Bad Experience at local Gun Shop yesterday! SW Missouri

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by bbeach, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean

Dean

Nov 4, 2006
    If a store treats you bad, take your business elsewhere. That's what I would do.
    When he asked about the magazines I would have said "I'm sorry" and sat them on the counter and walked out. Companies'll be happy to send you all that stuff.
    When you go by there in the future, just smile to yourself and keep moving on past. Deny them your patronage. It's a pretty good feeling.

2. Jwhargrove

Jwhargrove

Jan 5, 2008
    Vote with your wallet.
    I re-read the original post. When he stepped away from the donut eating group and said rudely that he was the one who spoke to you, you shouldnt have quickly apologized. It's too bad that nice people dont expect that kind of behavior so we they are most likely trying to analyze the situation to determine what is happening before we can respond.
    Unless you are cocked and ready to be a jerk when you wake up in the morning or know before hand what to possibly expect in there.

I will throw out another excuse. He is trying to buy into a popular donut chain and was meeting with investors and the chain sponsor. They were testing products when this customer demanded his attention.

3. tlpd242h

tlpd242h

Aug 26, 2008
    It seems that there are two types of store owners, those who enjoy guns and the sport of shooting, and those who get paid by the hour. We have ONE law enforcement glock dealer in the state and it happens to be a 3 hour drive from where I live. I have had the same type of experiences there many times, but have always found the employee very nice when the store manager happens to be in the store. I think the best way to handle that type of issue is to contact the manufacturer and let them know what is going on. I called my regional Glock rep and reported the incident that I had and got a phone call from the store manager telling me that he appreciated my business and that the employee would be dealt with. The price of guns these days is bad enough, without having a#$ hole salesmen make your experience just that much harder. As a firearms dealer, I apologize to you also for your bad experience.

4. Ferox_Rex

Ferox_Rex

Oct 16, 2008
    Man, I can't believe all the negative posts about Steve. Wait... I was in his shop recently and I can TOTALLY believe what is being said here. Reading bbeach's initial post was like reading an account of my own ecperience at EDI Plus. Steve is the most abrasive person I've ever met. He's unprofessional in the extreme and his store is an organization nightmare. I don't like being treated like I'm somehow annoying a storekeeper for entering his shop with money ready to spend. I will never subject myself to entering his store again, and if anyone asks my advice on where to purchase guns and/or accessories, his store will not be one that I recommend. I would pay more for better customer service... period.

5. Marshhawk

Marshhawk

Jan 17, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Well I had an interesting discussion in one shop I have bought a couple guns from. Last year before any Ruger LCPs were available I was looking for a Keltec. The store I went to is in Lomira ,Wisconsin.There are two of them there and its the bigger one. Anyway I ask if they have keltecs. I am told by one of the employess who is also an NRA pistol instructor" We don't carry them they are gang banger guns" I said I guess it depends on who is pulling the ********** trigger.I am not a Police Officer but have been a Correctional Officer for 18 years. I had taken a class with this individual several years before when it looked like we may get CCW here in Wisconsin. He then proceeded to tell me what did I tell you in class" relaibility.reliability,reliability. I said well I would rather have the keltec then throw rocks at the bad guy. I guess he thinks since I took a class with him.I must assume he walks on water.

Last Saturday morning I called around to various gun shops looking for a Springfield XD 45 compact. They ended up being 60 dollars cheaper then the next cheapest. I asked them to hold it for me which they did. I go into the shop with my Ruger LCP hat on)that I got from the recall) and I am standing at the counter. GODS gift to shooting starts with another customer about the LCP being a not so hot gun. This discussion started after he saw my hat. No I am not paranoid:) LOL After about a 30 second bs session about the LCP. I basically told him that at least it is very concealable and reliable and when out of state I can carry it with my FLA non resident ccw permit. . He is a 1911 snob and does have some nice weapons but why be an ahole?

So money being what it is I buy the gun. The 13 round mag is supposed to have a black spacer on it to fill in over the mag to make the grip longer. There is no spacer. I figured oh well I will deal with it when I pick it up.

I go in today to pick it up. The store manager was very helpful. He even called the SA rep and was having one sent( spacer)I asked about the mag and he said that so and so( gun snob) said that is the way they are all being shipped. I asked if they had anymore and was told that(gunsnob) said it was the last one.

Well several minutes later I am walking around the counter and lo and behold theres another springfield xd 45 compact box. I said can I look at it. The gun snob says theres no gun in it.I said thats fine.

Well guess what theres a 13 rounder with the spacer. I said thats cool I will take that one and proceed to hand him the 13 rounder without the spacer. I was told I can't do that. I was dumbfounded. I said you told me they all shipped without them but theres one right there.I would like it so I don't have to drive 30 miles one way back here for a piece of plastic. I can't do it? Why not? We don't rob peter to pay paul. I said listen I paid for the gun,its supposed to be a 13 rounder with the spacer. Again I was denied,Well the store manager comes around the counter and I said does this make any sense to you and he proceeds to overrule gun snob and I walk out with what I paid for without having to come back again.

I know some of this may be trivial to some of you but I am a huge believer in customer service.Its just a SH**** ATTITUDE to have towards people who are paying the bills.

If the difference would have not been so much between the other shops I would have told him to stick it up his keester.

60 bucks is 60 bucks and the normal shop I buy from had none and his distributors had none so I was forced to look elsewhere.

I am done with them. The store Manager was very cool and understood customer service. He was the high point of the day.If not for him I would have had a serious piss fit in there.

Now before anyone thinks I am a sh** stirrer I get along well with the vast majority of people I meet.

Bill

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

:upeyes:
    Figures that would be your comment.

7. watsoncb

watsoncb CLM

Dec 31, 2006
    Falls Church
    I guess that just because someone acts like a jerk, talks like a jerk and treats their customers like a jerk, they may not be one. :faint:

8. Yrdawg

Yrdawg Senior Moment

Jan 15, 2006
    Big Woods Louisiana, USA

These are the ONLY choices ??? Fo real ???

:dunno:

9. dixie_normus

dixie_normus

May 27, 2009
    Nashville TN
    Yeah, I had a run-in with this guy about 25 years ago when I was in high school. It seemed to be another boring Friday night, with five teens in a Toyota, with a 1.2 liter motor and two cartons of eggs. So what do you think happened when the first car we saw got pelted with eggs? Well lets just say Steve and his Volvo turned around and was closing fast. We knew him from the convenience store where he worked; yeah, he had the same attitude at that place too. So we tucked our tails between our legs taking side streets to trying lose him, when we all heard POP POP, "OH SHOT! HE'S SHOOTING AT US!" We were speeding, hoping to see one of Springfield's finest, they are never around when you want them. So were going East on Battlefield, jump a curb into Freemont Center. "GO FASTER! HE'S CATCHING UP!" We were doing 40 mph in the parking lot as he pulls up beside us, pointing his firearm at us at the same time. The driver slams on the brakes, grr-rrinds the little Toyota's manual transmission into reverse, but not before Steve got out of his Volvo reaching inside the drivers window. Now we have a rider with one hand on the steering wheel and the other pointing an autoloader at the drivers head. I was in the passenger seat and had a perfect angle for my fist and his nose to meet. Glad I didn't do it, we would have gone to someones funeral in the next couple of days if I had. So now we are traveling in reverse, the driver tries to turn the car around like you see in the movies. The car stalls....were BUSTED! We are all ordered out of the car, :rant: while this loose cannon is pointing his firearm at five teenagers in the parking lot. Luckily my friend knew the guy well enough to diffuse the situation. We were to wash his car and give this guy enough money to buy a new pair of tennis shoes. The asphalt wore a hole in them as he was dragged by the car in reverse. The moral of the story: Do not race a Volvo in a Toyota. P.S. I know our actions could have gotten someone hurt. So could his. I believe him when he said he was shooting at our tires.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    So,.... 25 years ago you were a egg tossin punk and you want to whine about him?!
    Not sure I would have pulled a gun, dut, I can understand his disgust with you!

Now,.... back to Steve bashing.
    Google his shop, call his phone number, he actually seems bother ed to make a answering machine message.

He's on holiday until 2 June?!

11. dixie_normus

dixie_normus

May 27, 2009
    Nashville TN

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  12. as400guy1

as400guy1

Mar 26, 2009
    Sounds as though "Steve" or one of his cronies might be doing some damage control......

13. as400guy1

as400guy1

Mar 26, 2009
    Ohhhh! So THAT what it was!

14. Reignman

Reignman

Mar 24, 2009
    N.C. Race City
    Sounds like another Gun store owner that needs an unlimited tampon supply...

15. I just read an article in "American Handgunner" last night that is very similar to this situation. I too have encountered rude sales people, and not just in gun stores.

My method of solving that type of episode is to carry my hard earned $ elsewhere.

Anyway, for those interested read this article:

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/AmericanHandgunner/AHJA09/?page=106

Be sure to click enlarge, it's impossible to read otherwise.

I'm going to employ the methods outlined in the article. Especially in times like this it's a good idea to get as many people as possible involved in the sport I love. The last thing I want to do is alienate someone with the same passion for guns that I have.

16. Bengel

Bengel

Jun 4, 2009
    Steve was a total jerk to me and I made up my mind I would never go back to his store. He puts his brochures by the door so you might pick one up on the way out. Watch out, because then he will announce very loudly that those are for his benefit and not yours. Then when you try to put it back he insists on you taking it after he has embarrased you in front of all the other customers. Instead of walking out like I should have, I told him he shouldn't put the brochures by the door and make them look free if they are not. He started arguing with me and by this time I was really upset and embarrased so I just asked him if he wanted to take it outside. He backed down pretty quick, and I vowed never to go back. It seems like he is just by nature a jerk.

17. smitty81

smitty81 NRA MEMBER

Jul 19, 2008
    Midwest
    Better Buisness Bearu

18. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Glock 21

Aug 12, 2000
    Arizona
    Sounds like he don't need your money. Shop elsewhere. I don't put up with the "cantankurous gunsmith" crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.