close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Very Rude/Bad Experience at local Gun Shop yesterday! SW Missouri

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by bbeach, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine
    Expand Collapse
    Limp Member

Excuse me, but I believe brochures free or not, are put there to advertise the products a specific company has available for purchase. People are expected to take them home and browse through them at their leisure possibly buying something from the brochure at a later date. I've never heard of any business requiring me to purchase something before I could take a free brochure. Of course, if the owner had to pay for the brochure I can understand a nominal fee being charged. I've browsed hundreds of establishments without making a purchase and freely taken brochures where available and have never been rudely insulted or intentionaly embarrassed for doing so.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. pesticidal

pesticidal
    Expand Collapse
    Eh?
    CLM

Even if the brochures have to be paid for by the dealer, (rarely), if they're out on an unpriced rack, it is assumed that they're there for informational service, and should be considered a cost of doing business.

3. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine
    Expand Collapse
    Limp Member

I agree completely. Iif they don't have a price on them they are presumed free, but the shop owner in question made a big production about his having paid for the brochures. Of course it was done specifically to embarrass the customer but what can you do in that situation other than offer to pay for the brochure or meekly put it back.

4. electricmo

electricmo
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar experience at EDI in Nixa with Steve. I frequented his shot for a couple of months buying ammo and a rifle scope before having him order me a Kimber. He said to keep checking back with him as he had no idea when it might arrive. He had very little selection on the shelf and told me 1911's were very hard to come by at the time. I kept checking back with him off and on for 7 months. I even told him to take my phone # and call me when it came in early on in my wait. He flat told me he didn't want my # just keep checking. It finally came in and I continued buying ammo off and on. The Kimber was a gift to my Dad by the way. After seeing the Kimber I decided to buy a 1911 for myself but not from Steve. Anyway I decided to buy a holster for it and took it in to EDI to see if he had a holster that I liked. I asked the man to help me out with what he had on the wall as it was a mess and he sees the pistol, looked at it and said he deals in that brand and he knew I didn't buy it from him so get the hell out of my shop. I was flabergasted as I did regular business in there. Nontheless I have never returned. By the way I have seen him treat others with the very attitudes spoke of earlier here. He knows his business but is a first rate tool

5. FireForged

FireForged
    Expand Collapse
    Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

Although I have entered many gun shops that are operated by perfectly normal people who actually have manners, what I find typical are the exact same attitudes you encountered.. the same goes for shops that sell high performance car parts. There is only one gun shop that I currently buy from and its 50 miles from me. They don't treat me special, they simply do their jobs like normal human beings. I probably pass 6 or 7 shops to get there.

#245 FireForged, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  6. ruger45444

ruger45444
    Expand Collapse

SO I guess from what I am reading some of you that are pissed off at Steve don't know him he knows more about guns that most of you. and what he sells. is all way the best you can get at the best price. I have bought a lot of stuff from him and still will. don't go in to a person place of work and be rude because you will get it back. the owner will all ways win and that is any where.
    Steve will do his best to get what you need all ways has in the 15 years I known him I've seen him help 5 people at a time and they were all happy so if he ran you off maybe your should look in the mirror

7. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent
    Expand Collapse

Hey Ruger (or should I say Steve?) it sounds like multiple people have all had issues with the guy. I don't give a crap, but your experience there has absolutely nothing to do with their negative ones.
    Also, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on the forum, you have no factual basis to say "Steve" knows more about firearms than anyone else.
    And no, the owner will not "all ways (sic) win" when he loses business over the perceived rudeness and lack of professionalism detailed here. If he (you?) is standing around one day wondering why he's out of business, perhaps he should be the one to look in a mirror?

#247 ancient_serpent, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  8. ruger45444

ruger45444
    Expand Collapse

And so he is the place that anyone has felt like they been miss treated no one prefix but I guess you are Don't think he was a Army MP boy you guy bunch of cry baby's buck up how you get though life crying a bought how feel like you where miss treated when you (May) have been partly your fault as well. Or maybe you are so I like you just can't get alone. and I think I said most. and how can I Jude I am 53 like a lot of you bought up with guns. do a lot of reloads so I do a lot of reading and ask a lot of question
    and I like ruger I not had to find just look for the ruger hat reading all this look like we are all bull headed

9. ruger45444

ruger45444
    Expand Collapse

I am not give the ones that have not been to Steve a had time you are just going on here say
    I don't pick people I don't know
    I know not every body going to get alone look at all the people how don't like me on here just because I don't have a problem we Steve

10. chiefjack

chiefjack
    Expand Collapse

Ruger45444...English please!!!

11. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

:wavey:Hi Steve!

12. zukyota

zukyota
    Expand Collapse

Along with customer service, Steve should learn how to type.

#252 zukyota, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  13. NDCent

NDCent
    Expand Collapse
    Socially Inept

Sounds like one of the doughnut eaters standing at the counter with Steve. :dunno:

14. FireForged

FireForged
    Expand Collapse
    Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

I am sure that there are plenty of decent "squared away" guys who work in gunshops but honestly, this type of attitude is what I encounter more often than not.

15. ruger45444

ruger45444
    Expand Collapse

sorry I work unlike you jack as___ don't hang out I get what I need and levee so you want hugs and kiss go where you belong I am sure you know where the guy bar is I can tell you this is a piss poor place bunch of as_ hole I know why you have a problem with any one that wont kiss you hold hand my two year old grandsons more mature than you

16. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

[​IMG]

17. ruger45444

ruger45444
    Expand Collapse

so you like picking on people how are dyslectic bite me

18. Eric

Eric
    Expand Collapse
    Big Giant Head
    Staff Member Admin Moderator

Did you know that the correct term for Dyslexia is actually Aixelsyd? It seems that the guy who discovered the problem was Dyslexic as well. :whistling: No offense to anyone, but just today my brother told me that lame joke and having an opportunity pop up to use it in a post now was irresistible.:embarassed:

But seriously, was this thread dragged out of the tombs only to continue a fight? This site is not a complaint department for other sites or companies. I'm not sure how this thread has made it so many years, but I am going to put it out of its misery now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.