Very Rude/Bad Experience at local Gun Shop yesterday! SW Missouri

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by bbeach, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. branden

branden AMERICA **** YA

Steve has always treated me right and saved me a ton of money.

But I also go in there knowing exactly what I want, and have knowledge on all firearms. I'm not a tire kicking retard looking for Lorcin 25s

He's been in business well over 10 years and makes good money. He's doing something right.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Wayne, it is the same Steve, same winning disposition, and same attitude.

3. That could be said about almost every post that makes a statement
    about any subject. :yawn:

4. Well, then. Maybe I'M Steve!:rofl:

5. rfenster

CLM

Wow Llanero, I thought that I had a low post count.

Two posts in the same thread, just over two years apart...

<I'll go back to lurking now>

6. Bullet Stop is awful. I had the same type of experience you did. Went on a Friday afternoon looking to get a Glock 30 and couldn't get anyone to let me look at any guns. I then went to bullseye gun store and received false info from a store clerk who literally proclaimed to know it all. I went to cabelas and purchased my gun.

I don't get how these places stay in business. Then again, looking at their prices I guess the poor people that do buy guns there pay a premium.

To be fair, Bullseye does offer a good shooting range and gun rental service. I've had good experiences in there- I just seem to remember the negative ones most.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#206 clinttho, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  7. Why not write a letter or send the owner an email. Find out the owners name and attention it to him and tell him the story. Also post it on there facebook page if they have one.

8. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

You weren't one of those donut eaters, were you? :rofl:

#208 2-8 Marine, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  9. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

There was a time when I was dealing with a Gun Shop in Eaton, Township, Ohio but one Moron there made it impossible for me to continue. Everyone else at the shop was friendly and very professional, but because of the attitude, arrogance and down right ignorance of this one employee, I haven't entered that gunshop in three years. The owner of this store has three other shops in various locations near Cleveland and Lorain, Ohio and I've been treated wonderfully by the employees at these shops. I believe this points out how ONE bad apple can spoil a business for you.

10. Did you let the owner know? Its usually the case that if you had a problem with the guy, you're not alone. Therefore the guy is costing the owner business.

I know I would want to know. Then I can investigate and take any appropriate action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. F350

The instant I read the title I knew you had met "Steve":rofl:

If he were the only person selling gun within 100 mile; I'd drive the 100 miles just so I wouldn't have to deal with the @!!

P.S. to IrishRifles & Frageman, the @hole IS the owner!

#211 F350, May 19, 2012
  12. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Yes, I did and as of last week I heard the guy is still there.

#212 2-8 Marine, May 19, 2012
  13. csoglock17

csoglock17 Older than dirt

Eveyone has a bad day, but to me in sounds like he is just not into the buisness anymore (burned out) Maybe did to many Gun Shows :upeyes:.
    I would go back and have a talk with him. If he comes off as a real jerk again, then don't go back.
    I ses this at some of the firearms stores here in Indiana.
    It like some owners just want to sell to you, but do not ask questions.:dunno:

14. You guys think you got it bad as far as guns shops are concerned. Here in this hell hole they call the Antelope Valley, CA., we have a total of three guns shops. If you want horrible service, highway robbery prices and a lousy selection then the AV is the place for you! Can't wait to retire and get the hell out of CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:steamed:

15. jarubla

jarubla Dos Pistolas

I see what you did there :)

Or was the bum really that biffed on his model/caliber match up?

-Jay

16. Funny bc I read this while thread today and noticed it was dated 2008, it's awful that you have service in your area like that. I'm not the type of person to take any rudeness w/o getting confrontational so I commend you on your behavior

17. I also had a very bad experience with Steve from EDI.

I called inquiring about a purchase and he hung up on me twice. Steve was incredibly rude, emotionally abusive, and unprofessional.

Later, I was at another gun shop and I heard many stories about how he treats his customers. One shop owner said that he has had women looking for birthday presents for their husbands come in sobbing due to Steve's extreme harshness.

With so many better alternatives, I don't know why anyone would go to EDI Plus.

Edit: My encounter with Steve was recent (past week) so he shows no sign of changing.

#217 georgeaberglass, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  18. In large stores, such a response is appropriate. In small stores, however, etiquette demands that we ask permission to browse, rather than being presumptuous. For example: "No thank you. Is it alright is we just look around?"

Again, you have to remember that you are not in a Wal-Mart or a Cabelas; you are a guest in this guy's shop. In a small shop, to be polite, one should never assume that anything is free for the taking. Just as we should always ask before we handle any merchandise, we should always ask before walking out with anything, no matter what.
    You were in a confrontation with Steve.

19. wayne

Millennium Member

People still do business with Steve because sometimes he is the only one that has what people want. About a month and a half ago a couple of my friends from work were looking to buy a Rock River Tactical Elite 2 AR15. Steve's was the only place that had this gun that they could find. It was backordered everywhere else. That was the only reason they did business with him. I live in the town where he currently has his business and he still has a crappy rep. and has for years. I have not been in his shop since he moved to Nixa but dealt with him at his previous location and didn't have a problem with him but know plenty of people who have.

Wayne

20. I use this thread as a calendar marker to make that vital, once a year battery change in all my Aimpoints.