close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Very Disappointed with Glockmeister

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by linuxi, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxi

linuxi

Oct 3, 2011
    U.S.
    It's a little bit wordy, sorry. :embarassed:

A little bit more then two weeks agao, I purchased my first Glock and it came with a stock plastic sights. I wanted to upgrade it to Trijicon HD night sights. One of my friends recommended Glockmeister, and said they would do a good job. So I had a very high expectation with Glockmeister and thought every thing would be perfect.

I took my brand new Glock to Glockmeister and had them installed the trijicon HD night sights. I noticed the rear night sight they put on had some dents on both sides of it. I mentioned it to James Fox, the guy who installed it for me. But he ignored me. I thought it was normal. So I decided to leave the store. But right after I stepped out the store, I realized my changes was $5 short. So I went back in and got my $5 back.

Yet, the dents on the newly installed rear night sight bothered me a lot. I called Glockmeister and James answered the phone. At first, he denied it. After I insisting the dents were from the installation and requested to speak to the owner, James refused to transfer me to the owner, instead, He had me come back to show him the dents on the sights. So, I went back to the store.

After the inspection, James had the rear night sight replaced, in a perfect condition. Unfortunately to me, He had some of the black phosphate coating on both sides of my slide rubbed off! I was not happy and pointed it out to him. He said "because it's metal on metal (while installing sights), it's not going to be perfect." then he took it to the back and did something to it. Yet, whatever he did to my slide was not helping to fix the problem at all. I left the store unhappily.

The rubbed off black phosphate coating slide had grown to an eye sore to me as days gone by. The more I looked at it, the more disappointed I got. My gun was a BRAND NEW one and had never been shot once! Finally, two days later, I called Glockmeister again to request to speak to the owner. Steve, the operational manager answered the phone and not only did he refuse to let me speak to the owner, but also he denied the problem and hinted I did it to the slide myself. Gees!

Steve was very rude on the phone and it was very obvious that he had no idea what a good customer service was. He hanged up on me before I even finished talking. But Steve did gave me the store owner, Greg's email address and had me to take a picture of my gun and email it to Greg. I tried to take a picture of my slide, but the rubbed-off black phosphate coating area did not show in the picture. Maybe my camera was not good enough to capture the details.

At this point, I had to dig around on the internet to find a different phone number from what Glockmeister provided on their website to call them again. This time, the office manager Joann answered the phone and she transfered me to Steve after she hanged up on me 3 times when I requested to speak to the owner. What do you know next, Steve and I ended up to yelled at each other on the phone. Not good.

At the end, I got a chance to talk to the store owner, Greg. As you would have known, Greg already received a warning about me from Steve, Joann and James. Also, Greg was told by Steve and James that there was not a single problem with my gun when I left the store. What a lie!

Anyway, Greg and I had an agreement to meet each other at the mesa store location tomorrow afternoon Arizona time. I will keep you guys posted after talking to Greg.

There is one thing I do want to mention is that according to Greg, it's normal for them to have scratches or rubbed-off black phosphate coating on the slides if one has the night sights installed in his shop. Greg said they even received guns with scratches from Glock company. Well, if so, why there was no scratches or rubbed-off black phosphate coating on my gun the first time they installed, I meant the dented night sights? By the way, did they say they were the "Master of perfection"?

Overall, I have a very bad Experience with Glockmeister and I am very disappointed and will not do business with them in the future.

--------------------------------------------
    Some updates:

1. After many shots, I finally got some pictures (post #140):
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1373725&page=6

2. Meeting with Greg (post #232):
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1373725&page=10

3. My motivation to join the forum (post #447):
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1373725&page=18

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    Is the portion of slide coating removed inside the cut-out that the rear sight fits into, or outside the cut-out?

3. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

:wow: That's enough for me. I won't deal with them. Thanks for the tip.

4. linuxi

linuxi

Oct 3, 2011
    U.S.
    It's outside the cut-out where the serrations are. Right side is the worse. The portion on the serial numbers also got rubbed off. But you have to tilt it a little in order to see it. It's very obvious in the sun.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  5. BassBait

BassBait

Jun 28, 2011
    Venezuela
    thaks for the heads up! I would not like to get involved in something like that... :steamed:

6. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

Aug 17, 2001
    Chesapeake, Va
    I've bought most of my Glocks (about a dozen at last count - one might have sneaked in when I was distracted) new. All but one has night sights. Of those, 10 have Meprolights that were installed with a sight pusher I bought from brownells. Never have I damaged the finish on the gun or the finish on the sights. So all this stuff they're telling you is normal isn't. Some marring of the sight finish is to be expected if a punch was used for installation. But unless you're using a steel punch, I wouldn't expect to see dents.:faint:

7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Funny, at the top and/or bottom of this thread there is an ad for Glockmeister :upeyes: It says "Master of Perfection"

8. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

May 20, 2010
    Guess if they are truly rinky dinky do.. Perhaps the ads should be removed.

9. Vartarg

Vartarg

May 7, 2011
    Louisiana
    I'll have to say I'm surprised by the op's experience.....

I've bought from GM for a number of years, with no problems. Shipment has been prompt, and they've let me know when they're out of stock, and happily cancel.

Granted, my experience has been online ordering, rather than having them go "hands on" with an installation.

I'll be interested in the outcome.....

10. emore

emore

Dec 29, 2010
    upstate SC
    I think we all know that the proper installation of sights, or anything else, does NOT do damage to the gun. Very much interested in the way this works out. Please do keep us all informed.
    And thanks for the heads up.

11. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    I have the MGW sight pusher, and have installed dozens of night sights for myself and friends. I have never damaged the finish anywhere on any of the glocks. I thought about buying the GM sight pusher at the time and am now glad I didn't. You are not wrong for being upset.

12. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Pictures would be the best way to back this story up. A little bit of scratching inside the cutout for the sight happens but outside it shouldn't. You said scratches on the serial number?!?!? That's pretty far away from the rear sight. I would love to see this.

13. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    RR12
    With all due respect to the OP, I'd like to see a pic of the slide and a response from Glockmeister prior to convicting them in an internet gun forum based upon an anonymous poster's word.

14. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I cannot imagine anyone getting on GT with the express motive as to lie about GM. His post is well-written, and totally believeable. Now every organization/business has a bad day once in a while. What really matters is how they admit and correct their mistakes.

15. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    RR12
    I admire your optimism for your fellow man. I, on the other hand have a few more that 3 posts on this forum and have dealt with GM dozens of times over the past 5 years with no issues whatsoever.

How's the weather on your planet?

16. I've installed MANY rear sights with a taphammer and a hardwood dowel. No scratches. Any person using steel on steel is asking for scratches. Even with my MGW sight-pusher, I use a plastic "buffer" so that I don't leave scratches on the rear sight.

IF it's normal there, I will stay far away. It doesn't make any difference whether you're right or wrong. The manager will "protect" his employees.
    BTW, you are in a losing situation, so lick your bruises and walk away. You CANNOT win.

S2

17. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I never said that GM had a habit of making mistakes. The words I used were "Have a bad day once in a while" once in a while being the operative words. My theorem was speculating how they fix their errors. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. BTW, we are looking forward to the Fall colors here. :supergrin:

18. BSteadman

BSteadman WidowMaker

Apr 29, 2006
    PA
    When installing sights never put metal on metal! Some sort of buffer/pad needs to used. I prefer a piece of leather between the installer and my gun. Never a scratch or dent....NEVER

19. Alter-Ego

Alter-Ego

Feb 5, 2010
    Arizona
    I went there once and was dissapointed. One Kid at the front counter just would not shut up and insisted that I needed training from him. Finally I had to ask him to shut up while I conducted business. I did manage to walk out with a near new 36 at a fair price.

20. danNiB-X

danNiB-X

Oct 4, 2011
    Jax,FL
    Wow, I would be highly upset to put it lightly...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.