close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

VEPR 12 AK Pattern Shotgun Review

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by plouffedaddy, Oct 28, 2012.

1. DFin

DFin

Mar 22, 2008
    Can a fully loaded mag be inserted when the bolt is closed with a round in the chamber? I counted 6 shots in some of Plouff's videos.
    I remember reading that this could not be done with the Saiga 12 shotguns.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Yes. It doesn't require any additional pressure either.

3. Tony Rumore

Tony Rumore

Nov 2, 2000
    OK, USA
    Nice review.

I don't believe that notch in the bolt carrier extension has anything to do with the gas system. I believe it is to provide a tool for removing the gas piston/puck. If that notch wasn't there, you would not be able to remove the gas puck without making your own custom tool.

The gun runs fine on factory 8rd Saiga-12 mags that were intended for the mag-well equipped Saigas. See below.

Tony Rumore
    Tromix

[​IMG]

4. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina

Tony,

Thanks for the heads up on the mags. Does the BHO feature work with those mags?

I should have been more specific there. What I was trying to say is it's different than the standard AK piston due to the gas system (to include the puck).

5. Tony Rumore

Tony Rumore

Nov 2, 2000
    OK, USA
    Yes. The S-12 magwell magazines have the BHO provision in them and operate the Vepr BHO device just fine.

I haven't fired my gun more than about 10 magazines, but I have not had any trouble with the auto BHO.

And I will agree with you....the Vepr-12 is a very nice detachable box fed gun. They did a nice job building it. Tromix will be making some goodies for it and of course the standard SBS work.

Tony

6. Any thoughts on SGM mags for the VEPR 12 regarding durability & reliability?