close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Vee Dubs

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Scrappy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Aug 1, 2003
    Indiana!
    [​IMG]

I like 'em! It ain't an R32, but its a great car. I actually feel better whenever I drive it. I haven't modded it too much. I replaced all the interior lights with Blue LED's and installed a Blitzsafe interface for my iPod to the Monsoon. I also put in an Audi TT shift linkage to shorten the throw. I'm looking at a cold air intake, maybe a chip or some tweaks to the turbo. It sucks having to decide between car toys and gun toys.

What are you drivin'? Pics are required of course! :)

2. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Yes, It is hard between car mods and buying another handgun! Winter I get the handguns and then spring & summer it's back to car mods!
    I am debating selling mine.
    Since you asked here are the pics;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2004 GLS - 1.8T Engine /5 -speed
    The MOD list.
    Silverstone exterior
    Black leather interior
    Cold weather package
    Luxury package-Leather wheel with cruise/radio controls
    Heated seats
    Rear window sunshade
    Chrome arm rest trim
    NB sunglass holder
    Sunroof
    W8- overhead sunroof controler with lighted knob too!
    Euroswitch/DRL disconnect
    Sylvania Silverstar- Head/FOG bulbs
    Phaeton pedal kit
    OEM - Votex body kit
    Kamei front grille
    Kamei lower eye lids
    HP EVO wheels 18x8- with Locks
    Yoko tires ES 100 225/40/18
    Neuspeed Sport springs
    Neuspeed Bilstein Grooved Dampers
    Suspension done by- Bel
    Front end Bra
    APR - DPP engine management -2 programs with security lockout 93 Octane
    K&N Air filter
    Full window tint 15%
    Jon Boy - Medium tinted tails
    Snub roof ant

3. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    The nicest intake I have seen is the Carbino Carbon fiber.
    My friend had one on his GTI 20th Anni.
    [​IMG]

4. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Aug 1, 2003
    Indiana!
    That is absolutely gorgeous! Very nicely done. I really like those badgeless grills. How's the ride on those Neuspeed springs?

5. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Thanks!
    The ride is just what I was looking for. A firm sport suspension. I must of researched suspensions for 2 months last winter no lie before I went with the Neuspeeds and Bilsteins. Neuspeeds Springs are made by a German company. The Neuspeed Bilsteins were made for Neuspeed of course through Bilstein again, German. The front Dampers/struts have 5 grooves in them so you can adjust the height up or down.
    Handling is Great and so is the ride feel!

6. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

Jan 11, 2005
    in the garage
    Oh god, hang on I need a tissue. Ok let me wipe off the keyboard. There, all better. What sweet cars you guys have. I have a '77 Rabbit 2-door, fuel injected, 4-speed, 1.6l gas. It was my first car and I'll never let it go. I have big plans for it. Maybe some day I can post pictures next to yours. Once the GSXR is complete, it's on to the Rabbit. Maybe something like what Dubsport is doing!? The list goes like this:
    1. Porsche Turbo (any year 901,963,993,996, 998, I don't care)
    2. Volkswagen
    3. everything else

7. JaviFL

JaviFL

Oct 2, 2003
    South FL
    I like VWs. The aircooled variety. Here is my last one. A 1961. Gone now. I miss it. A lot. A soon as I can make space in my garage and get the new house in order, I will start thinking about getting another one.

[​IMG]

8. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

Jan 11, 2005
    in the garage
    Beautiful Bettle, JaviFL. The '77 Rabbit is getting underway a little sooner than I thought. My friend is moving and he is selling his '85 GTI. It's in great shape with some nice performance parts, just no way to get a title. Everything comes off and goes on the Rabbit. I can't wait to line up with some idiot who thinks the "Gay and the Curious" movie was the real deal! After a few beers at a party, with an empty tank, I picked the rear of the car up to my waist! With a GTI motor and tranny it oughta scoot pretty well.

9. veedub

veedub CEO

Currently on my 2nd Tornado Red Jetta.

2004.5 GLI - stock.

I had $2k to spend. I was deciding on GHL exhaust and APR chip or my first gun. The G30 won.

The mods will have to wait until my next commission check. Of course, then I'll be deciding between mods and a 870P Max. I have a feeling I'll never get to modding my car...

10. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Why mod it? Those cars are sweet stock. Someone at my work has a new GLI Jetta and I can't help but look every time I pass it in the parking lot.

VR6 + 6 speed = fun, in my book.

BTW,

[$

11. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Stock is a Greek word for starting point;)

APR DPP is awesome best bang for the buck. That GHL exhaust is not! But they do make the nicest exhaust on the market. Just very,very little gain for the money spent.
    My wifes uncle just got rid of that same car 2004 Jetta GLI/1.8 Turbo and bought an R32 and he is 50 years old.

12. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    R32s look soooo sweet. I just wish they had a tad more power.

hmmmm

R32 with an S4 V-8 would be friggin awesome.

Come on VW make THAT!

13. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    R32's are very quick 240HP inside of a matchbox sized vehicle.

14. That weighs something like 3200 lbs. I'd rather have an Acura with 210 bhp inside a 2700 lbs. vehicle.

15. duncan

duncan Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Seattle
    Nice mods!

Love the badgless look! Around Seattle, the non-VWvortex folks just drive bone stock VWs and don't realize how much power is hidden with some work and a G or two into the engine!

16. duncan

duncan Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Seattle
    1995 Jetta GLS - sequoia green - leather interior - all power, cold weather package - the loudest horns on the street too!

My Modifications

She's heavily-modded - all that's left is a Autotech 270 cam, some matching springs, and a reburn of my Techtonic Tuning chip and pow.

Okay - maybe a little more - just add some nice 16" ASA or Borbet wheels and some Pirelli Nero Zero tires and she is done.

Okay, maybe a light tint on the windows too!

She is currently being custom painted, trunk emblem shaved , antenna hole shaved and that hideous spoiler - GONE!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My interior:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of VWs around Seattle!

Three great tuner VW shops within 15 minutes of my house. Which will install my cam if I can't find abuddy to help?;a

Love the darn car!

17. streeter69

streeter69 This is Kewl

Nov 25, 2001
    I like annoying people.
    This is my version of a VW power. The new versions suck;P
    It is the only thing VW power is good for.......sorry, my opinion.

Flame on;f

18. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Please dont be a Moron!
    VW V12
    [​IMG]