close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Value question - M16

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by durian00, Oct 23, 2010.

1. durian00

durian00

Jul 6, 2007
    Virginia
    I have always seen the value for M16s/auto AR15s value around 15 to $16K in places like Shotgun News. I stumbled across an ad at J&G Sales that puts their M16 around $11K.

Aside from it being an Olympic Arms pre ban lower, what do you think the disparity is? Quality for one maybe comes to mind?

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    Impossible to say without the details of the rifle.

3. durian00

durian00

Jul 6, 2007
    Virginia
    Zak - here are some details. I saw this at J&G Sales.

[​IMG]

ALLTECH AR15 Class 3 Machine gun, has a 20in CM P 5.56 NATO 1/7 Heavy Barrel (w/ flash hider)

SGW Lower Receiver, A1 Style Upper with tear drop forward bolt assist, A2 style buttstock, forend, and pistol grip.

[​IMG]

In very good condition. Comes with one colt 30rd magazine / green follower. Fully Transferable, ships tax free on FORM 3 to Class III/SOT Dealers. Please call for information on ordering. Price is $10,750.00

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  4. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    The links are broken.

However, if you search on sturmgewehr.com, there are at least a couple M!6's in the $11k price range, so J&G's isn't so out of whack.