Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Value of Gen 1 G17, AF-prefix (1st 1000 imported)?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Clem, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Clem

Oct 22, 2001
    San Antonio
    Just acquired a Generation 1 Glock 17, serial no. AF9xxUS. Serial number listing shows it to be one of the first 1000 imported into the US. Original box with no stickers left (cover has Glock 17 molded into it), original owner's manual in fair shape (lists only model 17 on cover), only one mag (has plain baseplate with no markings or hole), original mag loader. Gun looks to have been fired very little (maybe 100-200 rds). Original adjustable rear sight that hangs over end of slide. Right front surface of slide has finish wear where it rests in early box. Remaining finish is good.

Wondering an approximate value of this gun & supporting items. I'm at work so I can't post pics. I'll try to get the wife to post some later from home (I don't know how & always have her do it!). Butch, pitch in opinion if you will concerning value or if you know of another like mag or 1st cleaning rod.

Thanks! Tony
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. myglockisa23

May 6, 2002
    NE Georgia
    Hello Tony......Your AF is worth $450 to me but I would think it might bring much more because I sold my AL several years ago for $650.... I think it had an LTH barrel code, and it was in the original box. I later acquired a BC prefix, new in the box and unfired but enjoyed shooting it for a few years and sold it for $500+ ...... I just found an AT and will pick it up later today.....I will post pics..... I do plan to hang on to it!!!

The BC was new but had a ugly mark from resting in the tupperware box.

Here's my AL

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

3. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

I think $450 is correct unless some one really wanted one
  4. allan1964

Dec 5, 2012
    I am interested in your early serial # AF gen 1 glock
    or any early gen 1 glock Allan

5. myglockisa23

May 6, 2002
    NE Georgia