close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Value of a '98 Ranger 4X4?

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by WFR, Jan 23, 2007.

1. WFR

WFR

Dec 2, 2001
    I have a co-worker who wants to sell his 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 regular cab.
    It has 130k on it and he says he just put about $1500 worth of work into it. I'll have to find out exactly waht was done.
    Not sure if it is the 4.0 or 3.0 but I think with it being an auto tranny it would have come with the 4.0.
    I had a '95 Ranger 2WD that I got well over 250k out of before I sold it.
    He's asking $3000 as is or $3500 if he puts new tires on it.
    I'd opt for the $3000 price and choose my own tires.
    Is this a fair price?
    Waht should I look for to make sure it is in good working order?
    I know they have had issues with the 4X4 hubs but not sure if that applies to this year model.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    WFR

2. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Dec 17, 2002
    Nebraska
    I'm assuming this is an XLT, not the stripped down XL model...
    That's a pretty fair price for this part of the country. We tend to see a few lower mileage vehicles than that on the used market as commutes here are fairly short.

I guess it would depend on what that $1500 of work was, as you mentioned. But overall (assuming it has A/C, and PW/PL ,cruise, and all the other "usual" optional equipment) if everything looks like it's in decent shape, $3K is good price. They're around $4000-$4500 here, but with lower mileage.

Can't help on the hub question. Maybe check ford truck enthusiasts.com? http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
    I don't use it often, but it has helped me a couple times with my 94 Mazda B4000.