close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Valentines Day OPEN CARRY to support Starbucks (they supported us)

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by melensdad, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melensdad

melensdad

The anti-gun groups are pushing for a boycott of Starbucks because Starbucks would not kick out citizens who were legally openly carrying firearms. So even if you don't want to spend $5.00 on a whipped up latte/cappuccino/coffee drink, if you support gun rights AND if it is legal in your state, you may want to OC in the local Starbucks to counter the anti-gun groups who are boycotting.

2. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Thanks for the info. And yes I will open carry on valentines day in my local starbucks.

3. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

open carry not allowed in missouri where are stores are so no i wont support them

4. melensdad

melensdad

It should be pointed out that this all started in California where the ONLY LEGAL WAY most citizens could carry was to openly carry an unloaded weapon. If the state had a realistic concealed carry law on the books that was uniformly enforced the issue would not exist. So to OPEN CARRY to support Starbucks is actually a way of showing support for legal carry by citizens, not really showing exclusive support for open carry.

Why not just go into a Starbucks while you CC and simply thank the manager for having a corporation that supports your rights to legally carry.

5. Noots

Noots

LOL i'd silently do that here in NY, most of the people in the starbucks around here seem so ridiculously anti-gun they'd most likely call the police. I'm willing to bet half of them have no idea about this.

I'm still supporting them 2x on the 14th

6. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

These post on forums are what get folks into hot water,there will b folks thinking its ok even though there state dont allow it and can b very risky as not all of the store managers have to agree an before you say its a corporate decision,there are managers who will have extra eyes just waiting to call the police that day.And not all store managers will want to hear you say to them what you are promoting,And i would assume some are even franchised so the corporate policy wont pertain to there store.

7. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

I seen a post similar to this last week and I think its a great idea to show our support to Starbucks. But these anti gun crazies National Gun Victims Action Council what is wrong with these damn people I cant wait for the day one of the heads of this group gets their life saved by a legal carrying citizen. Then we will see what their outlook is on people that legally and responsibly carry a gun. These people need to pull their heads from you know where and leave us responsible citizens alone. Just had to rant for a sec.

8. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    I predict a bunch of gun-toting neophytes will hold up the lines in Starbucks as they try to decipher words like vente & macchiato & ristretto while the impatient regulars suffer caffeine withdrawal.

Sounds like fun!:supergrin:

9. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Maybe NGAC should give its members automatic eligibility for emigrating to Canada or Great Britain.

10. grecco

grecco

Double Macchiotto!

11. Caver 60

Caver 60

If we had one around here, I'd take my wife and go spend some money, even if I couldn't open carry in the store. And I don't like coffee or the other stuff they sell there. But my wife does, and I'd also buy something for myself, even if I didn't drink it.

12. melensdad

melensdad

I think most people who carry a weapon tend to have a reasonable idea about the legality of how to do so within their state.

Basically you are saying that people who hold a license to carry a gun are too stupid to know if their state allows open carry.

OK, let me help people out. The states in RED in the image below do NOT allow any form of Open Carry. The remainder of the states allow some form of Open Carry. Some, like my state of Indiana, allow Open Carry, but only by people who have a license to carry a handgun. Some, like California, only allow OC in very rural districts. Some do not require any license to openly carry a firearm.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  13. slickt0mmy

slickt0mmy

Even if you can't carry in the store due to state laws, it's still worth it to go buy something from them that day. The whole point of this is simply to counter the boycott that will be taking place by the anti's. Sure, if you can and want to carry, that's great. But the main goal is to help Starbucks by lessening the impact of the boycott. That's what I've gathered from it, anyway.

14. melensdad

melensdad

I think that is a common problem, no local Starbucks. I live in a very rural area, 5 or 6 miles outside of a small town. Obviously no Starbucks there. But if I hop on the state highway and go north 3 towns there is a Starbucks right on the highway. My plan is to go there at some point during the day and spend a couple bucks and tell the manager THANK YOU for their corporate position on legal carry.

BINGO

We have hundreds of stores that don't allow any form of carry from THE GAP and HALLMARK to BUFFALO WILD WINGS and CHILI'S. We need to go out of our way, even if just once a year, to show our support for the few stores that support our rights.

15. Oramac

Oramac

Please refrain from blanket statements like this if you do not know what you're talking about (which you don't).

At the State level, OC IS LEGAL IN MISSOURI. However, it is not preempted by the state, allowing cities and counties to regulate OC as they see fit. Last I saw, some 90%+ of MO is OC friendly. Don't even try to tell me there isn't a legal Starbucks somewhere near you.

Personally, I, and several others, are already planning an OC event at the Starbucks on Highway K in OFallon, Mo. to support them, as many others are doing across the country.

As always, I am not a lawyer, so do your own homework to confirm what I've said. Also, you might check out the Missouri Sub-Forum over at OpenCarry.org

16. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

This isn't just about open carry. They allow all CARRY (concealed or openly) as long as it is legal per state law. All gun carrier and even many gun owners should support Starbucks on this day and not allow liberal antigun groups to ruin their profits!

17. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

I knew this would get to a political issue,yes i know missouri is a open carry state as to what is explain on paper,but a catch 22 really so its not,but even in the municapalities you can open carry folks dont as it has caused to much issue,You have seen the videos and heck i live in one city that is small and its not even on the list as it of either but surrounded by cities all within 3-5 miles of my door steps that wont allow it,that means 4 cities in a 5 minute drive you cant open carry,Arnold,Pevely,Kimmswick,it would be against the law,So to me missouri is not a open carry state,heck walk down the street or go into establishments that do say they support OC in there municapailty and see how long before a squad car shows up.

18. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Well walmart allows ccw but i dont go thanking them and trying to hold a ralley at the store,What will become of this will be a big MEDIA event as you will see on Feb 14th and as a gun owner the MEDIA is the last i want on my side.

19. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Excuse me i do know the law Sir!!!! Open Carry State Missouri is not,It is only set by each Municipality sort of a catch 22 thing at best,Says it is on a sheet but in reality its not and then folks dont open carry as you are still a burden with exposure and do get the police called upon you !!!!If you are a missouri resident take video of yourself walking into stores where open carry is legal in your city and tell me then how well it is.

20. slickt0mmy

slickt0mmy

Someone's got their panties in a bunch. :upeyes:

Regardless of whether you think you can carry or not, that's not the point. The point is that Starbucks, as a nationwide chain, does not restrict carry in their stores. We're going to thank them for that and support them on Valentine's Day, the day that the anti's have designated to boycott them.

This isn't a thread about Missouri's carry laws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.