close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Utoh? Az Legislature entertaining ammo "coding" (cartridging serial marking) bill?

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by MB-G26, Feb 14, 2008.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Bk2MiscResource Lifetime Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Missing Sharon
    Haven't had a chance to read through all of it yet, just saw it noted on another board. Attached here in pdf format as direct DL from the azleg.gov site. "HB 2833"

(partial quote/paste of text; sorry bout the line numbering at the far left edge - paste from pdf document)

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

May 13, 2007
    Arizona Oven
    This is such a joke it isn't funny. Obviously whoever wrote this piece of garbage knows NOTHING about guns. 25b will be a physical impossibility most of the time.

They're going to need a bigger bullet to engrave these numbers onto, the serial numbers are going to get big QUICK. And what happens when the ammo is resold to another user?

This bill is a useless waste of time.

3. jaws48

jaws48

Apr 7, 2007
    AZ
    Is this something like they passed in CA?

4. Daryl in Az

Daryl in Az Enjoying life!

Aug 31, 2007
    Lost
    No. The microstamping bill in California dictates that all handguns have a microstamped number on the firing pin and chamber that will mark the case of any catridge fired from it. It's easily filed off, or changed from changing a barrel and/or firing pin.

The Az bill would require a unique serial number on each cartridge, which is pretty rediculous. The numbers would get large quick, and there's only so much room on a bullet to engrave a number.

It's basically a plan to ban ammunition, since no manufacturer produces the proposed ammo.

Daryl

5. lordjim_2001

lordjim_2001

Jun 14, 2006
    Pinal Co., AZ
    It's also a plan to make the one company that makes the engraving tools lots of money. It's shady in two ways people.

6. jaws48

jaws48

Apr 7, 2007
    AZ
    Thanks...guess we'd better get busy and start writing to everyone we can at the statehouse!

7. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    North Glendale, AZ
    Our Gov may be a democrat, but I can't see her passing something like this piece of garbage.

8. cactusman

cactusman Ammo Squirrel

Aug 31, 2004
    Arizona
    A few years ago something like this would never have even been considered in this state. :steamed:

9. jaws48

jaws48

Apr 7, 2007
    AZ
    Any idea which of our legislators is sponsoring this POS?

10. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
  11. SundevilFan

SundevilFan

Apr 2, 2006
    I just found out about this proposed bill in another forum. It's important for all Arizona residents to contact their representatives immediately! I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow!

12. jaws48

jaws48

Apr 7, 2007
    AZ
    Sam,
    Thanks for the link. Interesting to see the kind of bills these 5 sponsor....most look to be "feel good bills" that will get in the tax payers pocket!

13. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

May 1, 2006
    This side of a tombstone
    This id the most asinine, rediculous bill I think I've ever seen! :steamed: