Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Utah Permit

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Glock 31 owner, Feb 22, 2009.

  1. Glock 31 owner

    Glock 31 owner

    Jan 1, 2008
  2. Broadside


    Jan 14, 2001
    I have a Utah permit. I've tried to get every non-res permit you can do by mail and I think I have them all now. The one exception in Massachusetts and I can't justify $100 a year for a state that I do not anticipate visiting.

    I don't know about Pro-active Shooters, but for $80, I don't think you can go wrong.

    Utah has a list on their Web site of certified instructors. You should just make sure that Pro-active's instructor is listed as a certified Utah instructor.

    Utah gets you Nevada which is easier than getting a Nevada non-res permit. To get a Nevada non-res permit, you have to go take the class in Nevada.

  3. Glock 31 owner

    Glock 31 owner

    Jan 1, 2008
    I checked the Utah web site and yes the instructor is listed.
  4. MavsX

    MavsX The Dude Abides

    Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but why do you want to get every state?

    Is that just so you can carry concealed in every state?, in case like if you are traveling or going on a trip ?
  5. ProactiveShooters

    ProactiveShooters President / CFI

    Jan 5, 2009
    Richmond, Va.

    I hear that he is a helluva instructor too! :)
  6. 9mmkungfu


    Nov 5, 2007
    I believe this is the general idea, yes. I picked up a non resident Maine permit back when they were $20. Combined with my VA resident permit, it covers about 30 states.