Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Utah ccw

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by TRguy, Mar 27, 2009.

  1. TRguy


    Mar 26, 2009
    Concord, NC
    I am a NC CHP Instructor, anyone here familiar with obtaining a non-resident instructor certification from Utah?

    Your help is appreciated.
  2. NC Bullseye

    NC Bullseye

    Aug 14, 2006
    From what I can gather, there isn't a difference from in state or out of state for instructors. Their application has spaces for state and zip code so it appears to be for both. If you go to there is the application and also the minimum training standards as well as other instructor info.

    If this is old news, sorry bout that.

  3. Thx-1138

    Thx-1138 NRA Member

    Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Interesting. IIRC, Utah is one of those states where you can get a non-resident permit, but you have to have training from an instructor certified by Utah. Is that why you're asking?
  4. NC Bullseye

    NC Bullseye

    Aug 14, 2006
    I think he was asking how to become an out of state instructor for Utah, that's why I gave him the link to the page on how to be a Utah certified instructor.
  5. You may want to look at the Florida Non-res permit. It is done entirely by mail.