Glock Talk banner

USPSA gear set up question.

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  tackdr1ver 
#1 ·
I need some pros and cons for USPSA competition Glock gear for the Gen4 G35's.

I started shooting USPSA (5 or 6 local club matches) and have been using stock gun and mags with a Blackhawk serpa with the button:dunno:

Oh yea I installed a Warren/Sevigney with fiber optic front.

And also did a trigger job last month, only way to improve now is with a complete fulcrum kit...so I would rather get some new gear before I move up on the trigger.

Id like to order a faster holster but Im hoping to use it for both limited and open. Leaning torge a CRspeed style.....

Im thinking about going with a Dawson Precision heavy magwell and extended basepads. Any issues with this set up?

#3 ·
Go with the Arredondo +5 basepads. They make legal length for Limited and you'll have 20 rounds to play with. In Open you can use their +10 basepads. CR speed is an excellent choice, but it's only gonna save you about .2 over that Black hawk. Dont expect miacles. If I could work with you, I could take 4 times that off your daw in a night!

#10 ·
I started in Limited, and plan on using the gear I got for production. But I wanted Limited and Open gear.

I ordered 2 Arredondo +5 basepads and a CR Speed holster today. Next month if I get a Christmas bonus, Im ordering a Dawson Ice magwell and another basepad or two.

#11 · (Edited)
Got my Arredondo basepads and CR Speed holster and have been doing some dry fire style practice infront of the tv this week. I figure with one less reload and a little bit faster draw, I should be able to miss just as many as I did before! lol

Next item to add will be a Dawson Ice magwell.

#12 ·
cpwsa.com is where i buy alot of my comp. gear. Chris is a good guy to deal with and knows what he is talking about when assisting with gear for a particular division, uspsa or idpa. Shipping is darn fast too.
I was going to suggest cpwsa.com and unholstered.com
Another thingo think about is a glocktriggers.com kit. I have them in all 4 of my comp. guns and love them.

#15 · (Edited)
had my wife order the Dawson Ice mag well today, should be here in Thursday or Friday.
Its a huge temptation to spend on hardware rather than software Mike. get the books, get some training, and you'll be amazed what you can do with even a stock gun and holster.

Particularly tune in to BrianEnos.com--a competition only forum. It's huge and some of the best shooters in the business are on there every day. Invaluable.

dan

Ps--Pick up matt Burketts video 1-4 and How to Shoot faster. Your eyes will be opened my child. When you hit B class (and not one second before) get Brian Enos' book "Beyond Fundamentals". Before that skill level it will read like a Shao Lin temple scroll. After, it will make perfect sense. Trust me on this--do NOT read it before B class, it will wreckya.

#16 · (Edited)
#17 · (Edited)
I've got a Gen4 G35 I ran in limited for nearly two years. I would estimate round count between 32,000 and 35,000rds. It has held up flawlessly and I have never had any issues with it. It is one of the RAE prefix guns and I never sent it in to Glock for the upgrade.

here's what I have done to it:
Dawson Adjustable front/rear
Glockworx Magwell (I have both the heavy brass and the aluminum one, both the heavy and light insterst, ended up light,light)
Trigger job by moi.
Glockworx titanium striker
Dawson basepads
zev tech internals, springs, connector etc
zev tungsten guide rod, 13lb ismi spring

The gun flat out runs like a scalded cat.

My load is:

180gr Montana Gold CMJ
1.135 OAL
mixed brass
fed #100 SPP
4.6gr Hogdon Titegroup (my barrel is a bit slow)

Makes 173-176 power factor depending on the conditions.

I love the gun in fact, I am considering putting my SVI Infinity in the safe a while to go back to the G35!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.