Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

USP vs P2000 vs P30

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by writwing, Apr 25, 2010.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    + 1,000,000 on that! I think I may smell a troll? Do you? :whistling:
  2. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I own 3 HK pistols. I have never had a problem with any of them and I'm sure that it will stay that way. People that like to bash HK are usually the ones that haven't owned one much less shot one. There are the people that will keep reassuring themselves that their lesser quality gun is ok in a endless mantra in an attempt to convince themselves that they actually believe what they are saying. I don't have to do that. I carry a HK, I carry the best.

And I only have to say it once!

HK=No compromise. :cool:
    Last edited: May 7, 2010

3. l8apex

Apr 26, 2010
    For CCW, the choice is easy. P2000SK, I sold my old P2000 as the SK is more than capable for CCW distance with out the size.
  4. Chonny

Mar 30, 2010
    Edmond, OK
    I'm still highly interested in a P2000, even thought I bought the 45c and the G19. Every time I go to the gun store I think about just putting it down on layaway. Hopefully someone buys it soon.
  5. Scrap the G19 and get the P2000!
  6. NoComp

NoComp The Shootist

Feb 20, 2005
    I've had the USP, and still have a P2000 and P30. All three are amazingly capable weapons with the P30 being the best "service size" weapon, and the P2000 generally better for concealment. They are an evolution of the USP.

The P30 is, IMO right there with the G19 as the 2 best pistols in production today. The P2000 is very close also.

Next up for me is the HK45c.
  7. Chonny

Mar 30, 2010
    Edmond, OK
    They need to create a 15 round mag for the P2000. Yeah I know it uses USP Compact mags, but still, they need to do it.
  8. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Jan 27, 2009
    For the 9mm, there's always a P30 mag. (won't fit flush).
  9. ColCol

Apr 15, 2010
    How's the trigger on the 9mm P30...that is, 4#, 5#, short reset, etc? I haven't been able to find one to feel it.
  10. 01deuce

Dec 6, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Both my 9mm and .40 P30 LEM's were stock V2's and I changed the the springs to make them V1's. And they are both right at 4 lbs and are very nice. The reset isn't as short as a USP or HK45 LEM but for me after some practice and building muscle memory its a non issue.
  11. BrentC

May 18, 2013
    Digging up an old thread, do you guys still feel the same about your P30's and USP's?

I am looking for either a P30 or USP in SA/DA with a manual safety so cocked and locked is an option but haven't decided which. When carried, will generally be outside the waist band in environments where printing is not a concern and may not even be concealed for that matter so would prefer a full size, not compact.
  12. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    Yes, they can all be had in LEM (all of mine are).
    Own a USP Compact 45 SS, P30 40 S&W and a P2000 357.
    All great guns for sure.
    IMHO the P2000 is clearly the easiest to carry -

BTW: Of the three ,
    only the USP can be converted to LEM without voiding the warranty.
    OEM LEM kits are available for USP and HK45/C guns.
    As for the P series? If you want LEM? Recommend you get a factory LEM gun.
    Bottom Line - you just can't lose with any Hk :supergrin:
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  13. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    How is the mag release different on the P2000 vs the others? Too small?
  14. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I put the extended HK45c mag release on my P2000 and P2000SK guns.
    Problem Solved.
  15. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    If you really want a full size gun carried cocked and locked?
    And don't care about concealment?
    Hk USP Tactical with it's match trigger would be my choice.
    (Had mine converted to Match LEM Hybrid though)
  16. sgt rock

sgt rock

May 9, 2002
    My wife loves her P2000 and has never had a problem with accuracy , function or changing mags with her panted finger nails. Maybe you need to practice more.

17. mlevinson

Oct 4, 2016
    North Carolina
    Love my USP's. They are a little bulky but they have been DEAD reliable. The compact is a former police issue pistol which I bought second hand and have shot the P i$$ out of. I honestly can't think of a single issue with either one and I shoot all sorts of cheap ammo through them.

Don't hesitate to get an HK if you want one. They're fantastic firearms.

18. svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely I still feel the same way about my P30 and USP's as well as the 45c and VP9T. I recently picked up a VP9T and shot it better the first time than I do my G19's. They are amazing handguns no doubt and you will not be disappointed.

Here is a thread on an HK USP45 going 297,000 rounds without any breaking.

The ergos on the P30 and VP9's are hands down the best in the industry! In fact, I'll be letting go of a few Glocks soon in favor of more HK's