USP 45 mag base plates on HK45?

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by NEOH212, Sep 25, 2012.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Has anyone tried it? I'm looking for lower profile base plates for my HK45 mags but it doesn't seem like there are any available. I wonder if the USP 45 magazine base plates will fit the HK45 mags?

:dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    base plates General Glocking Jul 28, 2015
    Any tricks to removing Glock magazine baseplates ? General Glocking Jul 3, 2015
    WTB gen 2 plus 2 mag base plates Wanted To Buy May 1, 2015
    Glock 30 base plates Gun Parts & Accessories Apr 22, 2015
    Mag base plates? Gun Parts & Accessories Apr 14, 2015

3. The USP is wider and will not fit...I just tried it. Sorry

4. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

This ^^ sorry NEOH :wavey:

5. Chuck TX

CLM

Fullsize don't. USP 45c mag plates kinda fit, but not well enough. They leave a gap, and due to said gap the mags can seat too deep causing issues.

Better route is to contour the stock mag plate.

6. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Im thinking about making some in aluminum for the same reason. I will keep you posted as it goes.

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Please let me know about your progress. If you get them done and are willing to make more, I'll be in for at least ten.

Please keep me posted!

:wavey:

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I sure wish they made base plates for the HK 45 mags that were low profile. I know this weapon was never intended to be a concealment weapon but low profile base plates would be nice.

That's the only problem that I have with this platform. The mag base plate tends to snag sometimes on my shirt when I draw, but only when I carry IWB. Otherwise, it's a non-issue.

Oh well, I can deal with it though, it's a minor issue and I wouldn't let that stand in the way of me carrying this fine pistol.

9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Besides, winter is coming and I won't have to worry about it for much longer anyhow! :cool:

10. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

I will let ya know how it goes. It may take a month or two before I get the first batch done.

11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Sweet! :cool:

Let me know! :wavey:

12. HK has them in stock I think I have both the flat ones and the extended like the flat ones better by far.

13. only the USP 45 compacts will interchange

14. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Thanks!

I already tried those though. No joy! :crying:

15. I believe I recall Todd Green stating, during his HK45 endurance test on pistol-training.com, that the guys at Custom Carry Concepts do either an aftermarket baseplate for the HK45 mags, or else just dremel the crap out of, and then pretty up, standard ones. Looks good either way.

16. WayaX

Lifetime Member

Right on, check out Todd's HK45 test, because he had the same complaint with the base plates. I've modified P2000SK base plates with basic shop tools, and while the result isn't gorgeous, you can take the finger extension part off easily.